Hey Jeff,doooode...that's outstanding!!!!!!!

really an amazing job you've done!

The paintjob is really top notch and,well, the whole model is top notch!!!!

great one indeed!!!!!!

Cheers mate

:salute:

Martinsson, John and Jack, thanks a lot guy's, glad you like the end result! :thumbsup:

probably the best Viper model I have ever seen so far. Can I ask you where you got stencils for the exhaust? I'm seeking them from many years with no result.

Thanks

Paolo

Thanks for the comments Paolo!...........I masked those ones off and sprayed them with Tamiya German Grey, I think, but the Fightertown sheet for this Viper comes with those markings, its just that I'd already done them before I got the Decal sheet, so I just left them.The Fightertown sheet for this build comes with a lot of very nice Stencil markings etc, for everything such as Landing Gear, Wheelbays, seats etc, etc.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Jeff.

Jeff,

What a delight to see.

I followed along with the build thread so remember some of the difficulties that you faced. The end result is all the more impressive for that.

The finish is exemplary once again. Some of the stand out details for me are the exhaust can, the canopy glazing (lovely tint on that) and the use of different coloured panels to lift the plain grey underside.

Also of note to me is the splendid weathering. The smears of oil from the flying surfaces are expertly rendered and just right in intensity.

Stellar stuff! :thumbsup:

Great photography makes this an absolute pleasure to view. Thanks for sharing.

:D

Jeff,

What a delight to see.

I followed along with the build thread so remember some of the difficulties that you faced. The end result is all the more impressive for that.

The finish is exemplary once again. Some of the stand out details for me are the exhaust can, the canopy glazing (lovely tint on that) and the use of different coloured panels to lift the plain grey underside.

Also of note to me is the splendid weathering. The smears of oil from the flying surfaces are expertly rendered and just right in intensity.

Stellar stuff!

Great photography makes this an absolute pleasure to view. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Guy, thanks a lot for the comments, always appreciated mate! <_< .......I can't take credit for the Canopy Tint, as that Canopy came tinted, I think from the "D"model Has Viper I have, and I welcomed it with open arms, as that is one thing I hate doing, tinting Canopy's! :lol:

Wow, this sure is a sweet 16 I'd say. Love the look of the business end. Very nice.

Mike

Thanks a lot Mike!

Jeff,

I'm not a big F-16 fan, but I'm impressed...WOW! :worship: Nice build and nice paint! I partlicularly like the splinter camo you did. It puts the standard F-16 scheme to shame. Keep up the great work.

:cheers:

Hey Cyrus, thanks for looking in and commenting! :thumbsup: ......its always great to get feedback from Modellers such as yourself and Guy, much appreciated!

Thanks once again fellas,

Cheers,

Jeff.

• 6 months later...

Absolutely outstanding - have more than a little time in that very aircraft so it's great to see it so nicely rendered In fact, I have one of the 'Squadron Toys' renditions of that plane and I think yours looks better!

Edited by Karl Sander

Hey guys, I didn't expect to see this one back on the front page! :lol:

Beautiful build!!

Thanks D_IcarUS, sorry I'm a bit late.

Gidday Jeff,

I just happened to trip over this post and I must say that that is one great looking Viper Why did I miss it in the first place.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks a lot Andrew, not hard to miss em mate, I do it myself. :blink:

Very sharp looking build! Big :thumbsup:

Thanks Aggressor!

Absolutely outstanding - have more than a little time in that very aircraft so it's great to see it so nicely rendered In fact, I have one of the 'Squadron Toys' renditions of that plane and I think yours looks better!

Thanks a lot Karl, I know you've had some time in these Jets, so your comments are very rewarding to me. :thumbsup:

Cheers guy's,

Jeff.

• 11 months later...
Hey Guy's,

Finally wrapped this one up last Friday. :woo:

ls

NSAWC1.jpg

NSAWC8.jpg

NSAWC9.jpg

Hello Jeff,

I have just been reading "THE SCALE VIPER: Modelers Guide to Building the F-16", By Pete Fleischmann..

and As I read the pages and came across a JEFF THOMPSON I thought WOW !! that looks STUNNING and the build is tremendously GORGEOUS...

So are you THAT Jeff ...... :P ....Then came over here to search for Viper builds and found this ONE which I missed {Sorry}..

What can I say ..your Viper is BREATHTAKING and your write up is impressive to say the least.

SUPER photography here too..

HOLMES {in awe } :rolleyes::boohoo: :P