Boeing 707-4 Varig Minicraft 1/144

Hi guys, i´m starting another project, a Boeing 707-4 in Varig colors with conway engines, converted from the minicraft 707-320B "braniff". Decals from Eletric products.

S6304018.jpg

medium_wm_1817372.jpg

Starting by add the ballast and gluing the fuselage and wings.

S6304280.jpg

S6304281.jpg

S6304283.jpg

Cutting off the parts from the tree:

S6304284.jpg

the decal:

S6304282.jpg

:jaw-dropping:

Thanks for the pic of the wings. Never gotten a good pic of that particular one. (Minicraft has multiple boxings that are screwed up---that kit actually seems to have -420 wings instead of -320B wings-----good thing you're making a -420!) (though they're kind of a hybrid, like most Minicraft 707 parts) Does that boxing have a ventral fin?

I can think of a few things to sand if you want the wings to be closer to actual -420 wings.

Edited by David Hingtgen
Thanks for the pic of the wings. Never gotten a good pic of that particular one. (Minicraft has multiple boxings that are screwed up---that kit actually seems to have -420 wings instead of -320B wings-----good thing you're making a -420!) (though they're kind of a hybrid, like most Minicraft 707 parts) Does that boxing have a ventral fin?

I can think of a few things to sand if you want the wings to be closer to actual -420 wings.

Yeah, the kit has the -420 wings, and the ventral fin as option. In addiction, the engines that came in this boxing are Conway, besides the box art show another engine.

So, it´s exatly what i need for my Varig 707-420. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...