50 Years of JG 71 "Richthofen" - special F-4F Phantom

Special livery for the 50th anniversary of Jagdgeschader 71 "Richthofen" in Wittmund, Germany. What a fantastic scheme! :jaw-dropping:

JG 71 will be the last Luftwaffe unit to fly the Phabulous Phantom. In 2012 it'll all be over. :wave:

Click the pics for a bigger version.*

85443_1241450539_tb.jpg

59564_1241449972_tb.jpg

*I tried using the Thumbnail function of jetphotos.net, but the gibberish that's supposed to be a link doesn't work here on this board. :( So I used the little pics that would be the thumbnails to make thumbnails with links of my own. Hope that makes sense! :wacko:

It has been supposed to be kept secret till around June 5th when we have our Spotterday at Wittmundhaven together with the 50th anniversary of FW-71 "R"ath the 6th of June. Even I have not been granted to take A2A shots yet.

Well there are some spotters and this one especially who think that they have very right to get pics and post them in the net. I have been the project officer responsible for making this jet happen. This spotter even insulted the MSgt I worked with closely for not getting pics at the day of the rollout in Jever AB.

Re Alcad Nightmare. The Jet is painted in standart colors found in the Luftwaffe inventory. The silver is White Aluminium. The Jet is coverd with gloss clear, that's it.

The Tails have been painted by the current german master in airbrush.

SCOUT

Well there are some spotters and this one especially who think that they have very right to get pics and post them in the net. I have been the project officer responsible for making this jet happen. This spotter even insulted the MSgt I worked with closely for not getting pics at the day of the rollout in Jever AB.

Scout,

How did he get access to the aircraft if he's just a spotter? It's a shame that he couldn't be happy with just getting the first photos. But to stroke his ego, he felt it necessary to reveal a something that was not meant for public release yet. Ruins it for everyone who has the same hobby.

Still an incredible looking jet.

Stunning jet, looking forward to see it myself in June!

@SCOUT712: thanks for your comment concerning this "shooting" of the photos. That is indeed interesting to know... :thumbsup:

And feel free to bring 3703 to Southern Germany anytime you want :thumbsup:

Wow! :thumbsup: Didn't know that, SCOUT. What should I do? Take the links down? :thumbsup:

If you want me to take them down, please ask the mods to delete the links as I won't be home or around a PC for the next 12 hours or so (probably return at around 2000hrs local).

Judging by the comments at the bottom of the pic, this guy isn't a "spotter" but a proffesional or semi-proffesional photographer. If so, and if he was told not to release the images before a certain date then he's just blown any chance of working with the Luftwaffe again.

But if you've got a bunch of people with cameras, asking them to not post images online in this day and age - chances of it happening are about zero. There will ALWAYS be at least one person who lets the cat out the bag. cf the Victor at Bruntingthorpe.

And that's one of the reasons he's no longer welcome at Volkel for instance... Shame this spotter still manages to get the access he gets at some other bases however.

Koen

Wow! :o Didn't know that, SCOUT. What should I do? Take the links down? :cheers:

If you want me to take them down, please ask the mods to delete the links as I won't be home or around a PC for the next 12 hours or so (probably return at around 2000hrs local).

No no problem, the cat is out, let it be there.

Wow didn't know that he is not welcomed over at Volkel as well. Unfortunetely he has a friend over here at our maint. dep.

SCOUT

It has been supposed to be kept secret till around June 5th when we have our Spotterday at Wittmundhaven together with the 50th anniversary of FW-71 "R"ath the 6th of June. Even I have not been granted to take A2A shots yet.

Re Alcad Nightmare. The Jet is painted in standart colors found in the Luftwaffe inventory. The silver is White Aluminium. The Jet is coverd with gloss clear, that's it.

The Tails have been painted by the current german master in airbrush.

SCOUT

That´s not correct as I have the permission by the new Wing Commander himself ( I can send you by PM his answer ), to use my images for publication. So dont tell its not allowed when you dont know the story which has to do with my images

I would never post anywhere images when I dont have the permission, so first ask then write a note....

Btw you dont need to make a-air anymore, these were done on Friday already in Wittmund by Maj. S........, and I was also there for taking images for publication due to the June 6.

This shooting was also approved by the new wing commander himself on Friday especially for the a-air...so please contact me by PM and we can discuss that further,

and I will also get in touch with LtCol R...... and tell him about this story here..... which is not correct!

Mick

That's beautiful, Scout. I sure wish you'd bring it over when you guys come.

Jake,

this beauty will be not in Cold Lake, as it was not approved due to the upcomming 50 years anniv. celebrations....the risk is to high that the star of the event will be in Cnada when something will be happen...that´s the reason which was told me by someone in Wittmund.

Cheers

Mick

Jake,

this beauty will be not in Cold Lake, as it was not approved due to the upcomming 50 years anniv. celebrations....the risk is to high that the star of the event will be in Cnada when something will be happen...that´s the reason which was told me by someone in Wittmund.

Cheers

Mick

Yes, that's what I was told, too. Too bad. I'd sure love to see it in person.

Jake

That´s not correct as I have the permission by the new Wing Commander himself ( I can send you by PM his answer ), to use my images for publication. So dont tell its not allowed when you dont know the story which has to do with my images.

Mick

As I learned, there has been permission to get the pics. So I apologize for stating that this was supposingly not the fact.

SCOUT

• 3 weeks later...