New scheme for modernized Turkish RF-4E fleet

Intersting effect on that J79 burner can...or is that just my eyes playing a trick on me?

r/

Atis

It's your eyes playing tricks - it's clearly the shadow from the stabiliser - sun is low right behind the tail.

Ken

TuAF sure is on a roll...

Any chance that they will apply such a striking scheme on their Viper's as well ???

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Hello Spooky, might take a little time, but it will happen soon :thumbsup:

Best

Omer ERKMEN

From TURKEY

The special tail one looks superb.

What are the shades of Grey used in this scheme?

They are very well known grays;

36118 Gunship Gray

36270 Medium Gray

Best

Omer ERKMEN

From TURKEY

They are very well known grays;

36118 Gunship Gray

36270 Medium Gray

Best

Omer ERKMEN

From TURKEY

Though it might be, just that the Gunship Grey looked darker than normal and the Meduim Grey looked lighter than normal. Probably due to it being freshly painted. What are the undersides painted?

Hello Spooky, might take a little time, but it will happen soon :coolio:

Best

Omer ERKMEN

From TURKEY

:woot.gif::woot.gif::woot.gif:

Appearently You've got some inside info, so I'll be keeping a sharp eye out !!!

Any specific relation with the TuAF...?

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

P.S.: On June 19th & 20th the Royal Netherlands Air Force will be having their anual Air Show at Volkel AB.

You're officialy invited. Dress code is 2x RF-4E, 2x F-4E, 2x T-38, 2x F-16 (freshly painted...?!)

Feel free to PM me for the "SPINS" & I'll see if I can hook You up with the official organizers.

KursadA - this is a very nice photo..thank you for posting on the F-4 Discussion Group

Since I am the editor of SMOKE TRAILS, the journal of the F-4 PHANTOM II SOCIETY, I am interested in doing a short story on the TuAF in their new recce color scheme. Do you have a point of contact so I could pursue such? I see that OMAR might be the one. Thank you again for posting.

Jack Callaway, Editor

Smoke Trails Journal

F-4 Phantom II Society

www.f4phantom.com

oyster463@hotmail.com

This is the new camouflage scheme for modernized RF-4E's of the Turkish Air Force:

http://www.hvkk.tsk.tr/PageSub/CokluOrtam/...grafi/113_1.jpg

KursadA - this is a very nice photo..thank you for posting on the F-4 Discussion Group

Since I am the editor of SMOKE TRAILS, the journal of the F-4 PHANTOM II SOCIETY, I am interested in doing a short story on the TuAF in their new recce color scheme. Do you have a point of contact so I could pursue such? I see that OMAR might be the one. Thank you again for posting.

Jack Callaway, Editor

Smoke Trails Journal

F-4 Phantom II Society

www.f4phantom.com

oyster463@hotmail.com

Hi Jack,

I believe Mr. Erkmen designed the scheme himself, he should be able to help. I just posted a photo I found on the TuAF web page.

Thanks,

KA

Hoi,

Looks nice, but too bad it is in the only two grays that are currently available on the market... Everything is going to be either GSG or NG or GSG w/ NG some day soon. Hopefully they'll hold on to some of their Lizard and SEA schemes for a while longer.

later

Ruud

Thank you very much for the great Job Mr. Omer Erkmen. Our phantoms will be almost invisible in the skies , great camo. Well done

Edited by Gurkan
  • 11 months later...