GBNF Group Build Prize Drawing Results

Well, folks, here is the run-down of today's Gone But Not Forgotten Raffle Prize Winners (in bold next to the prize listed)-

Please contact me by email ( rmharvster@yahoo.com ) with a snail mail address so I can get your prize sent out. Congratulations to those who have won something here - a little bonus, as the fun of building was the primary goal. Thanks to all who participated, a 'BZ' to each of you who finished (some way more than just a single entry!). I'd love to minimize trips to the post office, so the sooner I hear from you and have a good shipping address, the sooner I'll be able to get these things headed your way.

Here's some shots from the drawing this past weekend: First up, Phillip Huston, in front of his shop:

GBNF3.JPG

"The Spread" (Well, most of it anyway):

GBNF1.JPG

GBNF2.JPG

...And, Phillip, doing the honors of pulling the names of the winners from a bag...

GBNF4.JPG

And here are the results:

From the Guys at Phillips Hobbies

http://www.phillipshobbies.com

(1) 1/48 Hasegawa F-14B with Fightertown Decals VF-103 Final Tomcat Cruise 48-017. graves 09

-Turns out this is the VF-11 F-14B kit, #09687, so the decals were swapped to make them appropriate for the kit.

(1) 1/48 Hasegawa F-86 F-30 with Legend Seats with Belts and Microscale 48-28 Skyblazers. ResinBuilder

(1) 1/48 Hasegawa F-16CJ with Afterburner Decals F-16CG Knights and Dragons Ramstein AB 48-020 Pete

(1) 1/48 Hasegawa F-16C with TwoBobs Decals F-16C Viper Aggressors 48-001 Izzy

-This kit was a late addee, and not previously listed.

1 set of Eagle Strike Decals USAFE F-102 Delta Daggers Pt 1 496th FIS & 525 FIS Soesterberg AB, Netherlands T0M4ever

1 set of Aeromaster Decals F3D Skyknights pt 2 48-730 johnsan

1 set of Superscale Decals S-3B VS-33 "The Last Screwbird" 48-1172 jordan03

1 set Two Bobs Thunderbolts and Vikings 48-072 F12aaa

1 set Two Bobs Ultimate Warriors 48-028 Pretty ‘n’ Shiny

From Scott over at Afterburner Decals.

http://www.afterburnerdecals.com

1 set of F-16 Hounds of Heaven 48-003 Johnopfor

1 set of TA-4J "Scooter Trainers" part 1 48-039 Jay Chladek

1 set of F-15C "Demo Eagles #1" Langley AFB 48-006 giles

From Brian P. at Fightertown Decals.

http://www.fightertowndecals.com

1 set of Fightertown Decals F-14A VF-24 part 2 48-002 mildenhall rules

1 set of Fightertown Decals F-14A/D VX-9 " Vandy Vampires" Det Pt.Mugu 48-004 leverancier

1 set Fightertown Decals VF-84 Bones of Desert Storm 48-006 ALF18

-This is the decal set swapped for those with the F-14B kit above. Hope it is not a disappointment

1 set Fightertown Decals VF-103 Santa Cat, Med Cruise ands Workups 48-016 Chris

From Doug at Royal Resin

http://www.royaleresin.net

1 set of Royale Resin wheels Tomcat Tweeker

1 set of Royale Resin wheels SSgtd6152

..And a couple late add-ins:

1 set of Fightertown Decals F-14A VF-24 Last Rage 32-002 Chuck54Oz3

1 set of Two Bobs F-16A/B NSAWC Vipers 48-150 Rocat

Again, Congratulations to the winners, and thanks again to all who participated.

Edited by Harv

Way cool! I won!

It wouldn't have mattered if I won or not, it's all about the fun, but I'm very glad with my prize.

Thanks to the Sponsors, the GB Mods and the other participants, it was a fun first group build for me.

Email sent.

Hi

Wow, thanks. Izzy is well chuffed, both with the prize and the fact she will get post (apparently thats a big deal when your six!). I too am really grateful, mostly that you guys went to the trouble of organizing a great group build, that really inspires us to actually finish our kits. I am also over the moon with the decals, got to get a 1/48 tomcat now though (life's hard!) I will post pics of Izzy's f-16 as she builds it, I may need to help her a bit with this one, though she will probably insist she is fine on her own.

Thanks again and E-Mail sent.

Regards

Tim

...Added some pictures of the drawing at Phillip's Hobbies - Also, please check the listing above for items in RED, as there have been a couple of new items added & changed, leverancier & Rocat, you are now part of the winner's circle!

Thanks again to all who participated, and once again to all our sponsors!

Edited by Harv

Wow, I almost forgot about this. Email sent! The TA-4J decals will come in handy as I have been wanting to do a trainer Skyhawk for some time (another gone but not forgotten airplane in USN service). Thanks for doing this!

Congrats to all the winners. Like phantom, I didn't win anything either but I had no expectations of winning. A prize would have been an extra. I had fun building my Sabre, chatting with people, striking up a friendship with ALF18, learning a few things about building and looking at some might fine builds.

Well done, everyone!

Mike

Latest Update: Did the first prize mass-mailing today. If you were listed as a winner above, and sent me your snail-mail address before today, you should have received an email from me confirming I sent your prize out in the mail earlier today.

For those who had their name drawn for a prize, but whom I hadn't yet heard from, I sent follow-up PMs requesting an address to send to, just a short time ago. Those folks whom I have prizes for, but don't know where to mail them are listed below:

T0M4ever

johnsan

f12aaa

Johnopfor

leverancier

ALF18

Rocat

Please contact me by my email < rmharvster@yahoo.com > so I can get your prize out to you. Congratulations to each of you, and once again thanks to all for participating in such a great Group Build! Cheers to ThunderGrunt for organizing the build, and once more to our sponsors for their generous raffle prizes.

To AX 365 & phantom, appreciate the kind comments on the GB - sorry you didn't win; but it is great to see your input and participation - as a reminder that the prizes are just icing on the cake...the fun is in the virtual gathering to share the project together across the internet, and quite literally, around the globe...as the list of countries I mailed packages out to today attests!

Thanks again to all,

Edited by Harv
For those who had their name drawn for a prize, but whom I hadn't yet heard from, I sent follow-up PMs requesting an address to send to, just a short time ago. Those folks whom I have prizes for, but don't know where to mail them are listed below:

ALF18

1 set Fightertown Decals VF-84 Bones of Desert Storm 48-006 ALF18

-This is the decal set swapped for those with the F-14B kit above. Hope it is not a disappointment

Harv

Thanks for the PM. E-mail sent this morning. I am very happy with the prize - no disappointment here. I'd like to echo AX 365 (Mike) - these GBs are a great way to share experiences, and even make new friends. Thanks for making this all possible.

ALF

Today's Update: (Friday, 22 May 09): Completed the remaining prize mass-mailing today. Those listed below should be receiving an email from me confirming I sent your prize out in the mail earlier today.

T0M4ever

johnsan

f12aaa

Johnopfor

leverancier

ALF18

Rocat

Congratulations to each of you, and as I said before, thanks to all for participating in such a great Group Build! Cheers one last time to ThunderGrunt for organizing the build, and lastly, to our sponsors for their generous raffle prizes.

I've started to receive notification, both domestically and internationally, that the winners postings are arriving at their doors...thanks to Jay Chladek and Giles for letting me know thier goodies are in-hand.

Thanks again to all,

Got my prize yesterday :D

Once again, thanks all involved in this GB. The participants, the mods, Harv for getting the raffle done, the donors for donating. It was great.

Thanks for the comments, guys- Euge is a great individual, and I was happy to help him with closing out the raffle part of the group build. Pete, glad to hear the package made it to you...Hope to see that F-16 built up on-line one of these days-

Edited by Harv

Hi Rich,

Chris received his decals today and they were just what he needed and wanted. The Jolly Roger VF103 F14 decals will go well matching his 1/48 Jolly Rogers F4J and his low-vis VF84 1/72 Jolly Rogers Tomcat that he is finishing off for that GB. He and I wish to thankyou and the other GB conveners and the sponsors for the opportunity to participate.

Regards

Andrew and Chris Doppel

...Glad to hear that more prizes are finding their way to the raffle winners. Especially happy Chris' F-14 markings made it to him - always encouraging to see younger builders that are the next generation of the hobby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...