Hello,

This is my 1/72 Revell Swordfish. I started this build a 8months ago. But I only cut out a few parts from the sprue (you will see why), so I think the build was only 1% complete before this GB started.

When I was studying the sources I revealed that the kit is...eeeehh :jaw-dropping::deadhorse1: not too good . In fact this is not Revell kit but reissued Matchbox (or Frog ??) kit. I revealed three major mistakes. The first is total absence of front gun and its bulge. The second is lack of details in the cockpit and the third is absence of wing bomb racks. So I decided to stop the build. When this GB started I really hesitated to join this GB, because it will be little hard work on the kit.

Well as you can see, I decided yes. I will be glad, if I will manage to finish the kit before the deadline. But I think there is a lot of work, so my main aim is to progress the build as much as I can.

As you can see in the picture, I intend to build the most famous and well known aircraft which took part in sink of the Bismarck battle ship.

swordfish_uvod.jpg

So let´s start again:

Please be aware that I can not make the Swordfish 100% accurate, I only will try to improve it (esspecially the cockpit) for little acceptable looking.

In the pictures you can see making the gun bulge and groove. Then I started to add some detail in the cockpit. I also had to cut out a part of the fuselage (see red mark in one picture ). Now I have almost finished the cockpit so I will give later more description with pictures...

sfish_01.jpg

sfish_02.jpgsfish_03.jpg

sfish_04.jpg

sfish_05.jpg

Edited by David Koktavý

Some projekt, you have started, just finished the Matchbox wich is the same as revell.

so with the level of detail you are looking for you have a lot of work ahead of you.

cheers

Jes

Hi again,

thanks for looking.

As I promised I add some photos of finished structure of the cockpit. As you can see in the instruction sheet, there is only seats and rear gun in the Revell kit. In this case the 1/48 Tamiya Swordfish instruction sheet was helpful and I scratchbuilded some things. I know :explode: the details are not accurate, but I hope it is acceptable. I also found an instruction panel in my stash. You can guess what type it is...

sfish_06.jpg

sfish_11.jpg

I still meet with some more troubles. The torpedo... :( hmmm I decided to improve it too... I glued four 0,3mm plates together. I made the shape of the wings and then I separated them. So I reach (almost) similar shape... Improved torpedo is just only 50% done. After assembling the kit I have to make new racks for it...

sfish_08.jpgsfish_09.jpg

sfish_10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for looking.

The work progress is very slow, however step by step I do some improvements and hope I will finish it... this year :worship:

Brushed interior...

sfish_14.jpg

I made some ipmrovements on engine. I have used the etched part from another kit and made exhaust piping etc...

sfish_12.jpgsfish_13.jpg

Doesn't the torpedo has 2 propellers instead of just one.. or is this another MK torpedo?

I don´t know. I made the torpedo as it is because of lack any sources. Unfortunatelly I didn´t find any sources for Swordfish´s torpedos (but many for U-Boats) On the drawings is seen a torpedo with two propelers. I think it seems strange. So I hesitated how to make it. Finally I decided to make one prop with 4 blades. I think the two propellers would not appear well in this scale with my fiddly hands...

Well, I know my torpedo is not 100% accurate... In fact, later I got the Tamiya Swordfish instruction sheet. There is seen a torpedo with two props (each 2blades). Furthermore I found one photo for Swordfish. There is torpedo with 4 blades propeller but without the "tail".

Edited by David Koktavý