US Army Humvee question for the vehicle experts....

Would it be safe to assume that when a US Army Humvee (M997 Ambulance to be specific) is painted desert tan on the exterior, such as a OEF vehicle, the interior (cab) is the regular green color?

Thanks,

Pete

Yes, if it repained from NATO camo, the cab interior is usually left in the original green or camo color. Many newer models are coming in sand from the factory and will have a sand cab interior as well. The ambulance rere cabin is painted seafoam green though, on both NATO camo and sand models.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late but, we had several Vehicles that where painted tan, I mean everything, they taped off the instruments and sprayed everything tan, after a month or 2 of use the green started showing thru on the steering wheel and around the shifters.

Fort Lewis here in Washington is getting a lot of the new "up-armored" Humvees straight from the factory, and they are all desert tan inside and out. All of the ones I have seen have all been the "regular" Humvees though...not ambulance ones...so I am not contradicting what Gino is saying.

Aaron