Looking at those marking on modelingmadness website they do look right for the 85 cruise on the Nimitz except the markings on VF-84's birds were dark grey and not black. Also, 200 had all low vis markings'it wasn't their show bird, 201 and IIRC 205 was their show birds for some reason. They are totally inaccurate for the 87 cruise.

Also, they say the bird was overall 36440, that is not correct, VF-84's birds were all in the early TPS scheme, VF-41 had some 36440 birds but 84 didn't on the 85 cruise. On the 87 cruise VF-84 had some 36440 birds but the AJ on the tail was on the inside of the vertical tail and the "USS Nimitz" was on the glove vane and not on the intake.

Source; 85 and 87 Cruise book for the USS Nimitz and personal memory, I was in VA-82 during those cruises so I worked around all the birds on the deck. I was also a member of the CAG Arm team on the 86 NATO Cruise and 87 Med Cruise, we armed all aircraft on the cat, no matter who's sqaudron it was so I did arm VF-84's birds during that time frame.

HTH

Reddog :salute: