M706/V150 series armoured cars

Hi guys, thinking about doing a Nam era AFV for the next build so I've been looking at Hobbyboss's V150/M706 series of AFV's did all versions serve in Nam or only the commando?, as I'm leaning towards one of the cannon armed versions.

Thanks Andy :huh:

Hey Andy the "706" is the one used in Vietnam, kit # 82418 is the one to buy. As to the other kit I've read yes and no or some small modification needed.

Here's a great review done by Terry Ashley over at Perth Modeling.

M706

• 4 years later...

Here's some shots of the Air Force XM-706:

scan0118-2.jpg

scan0159.jpg

scan0156-1.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0107.jpg

scan0377.jpg

scan0112.jpg

scan0106.jpg

When you do an A.F.vehicle, pay attention to the blast doors on top, the armor and the side weapons mounts. There's a significant difference between the Army's V-100 (what they call the 706 for some reason) and the A.F. M-706. I once used the Verlinden kit and had to cut off the entire top of the vehicle, redo the armor and add the extras because he decided to cheat and put a tarp over the doors.

Here's a couple shots of the completed vehicle:

CopyofDSCF0005.jpg

CopyofDSCF0003.jpg

The cammoed vehicles were a semi-gloss because after each shift we had to wash and brush down the vehicles. The O.D. ones could be semi or flat. Sometimes you might have a light grey discoloring around your tires from the gravel on the perimeter, depending on what sector you were assigned that day or night. The interior was the standard seafoam green, but duck egg blue works just as well. Our M-113s were the same inside.