Anti-AMS build: Airfix Mirage F1 CZ

A few years ago I started too many kits at the same time and I hardly finished anything. It was depressing and I stopped building. Since then I've moved to a place where I had actually room to build and I've put the half-built kits in a box deep in the garage. I'll try to build one kit at a time from now on. I'll probably get back to serious modeling (airbrushing, shortrun kits, use of resin and PE thingies, rescribing, etc) soon enough but I want to have pure building and painting fun at the moment.

Brushpainted with Humbrol paints, nothing added, no scratchbuilding. The Airfix Mirage F1 kit doesn't have any fit issues and it looks pretty accurate compared to the 1/72 Esci kit. I'm working on an Airfix F-14 (because of the wonderful old Wolfpack boxart)... and on the Matchbox Tornado for my soon 4 years-old son (who wants a jet to play with) :cheers:

airfixMirageF1CZ_3.jpg

airfixMirageF1CZ_2.jpg

airfixMirageF1CZ_1.jpg

Thanks to Tim Mansfield for helping for the instruction sheet :jaw-dropping:

Edited by Laurent
But I have to resent this :taunt: :

:cheers:

Well the Tomcat will be paintbrushed and the transition from Light Gull Grey and White is feathered so I'll have to see what can be done with a brush

Nice build, Laurent! :wub:

Brings back memories of building that kit in the same markings about a dozen years back in Kenya. Mine turned out nowhere near as nice, though. B)

• 5 weeks later...
You even got the Afrikaans right on the trailing edges, "BLY AF" means "Keep Off" :jaw-dropping:

A guy from the Master194 forum helped me there since I didn't have the instruction sheet.

There's one thing that bother me about this build: the 'no step' red lines on the wings are missing but Airfix didn't provide them. Since it was an anti-AMS build, I didn't care... but it was difficult.

Edited by Laurent

Hi Laurent,

I've always loved the buff and olive camo. It looks really nice. I'm working on a Italieri F1 at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to post it soon. Seeing yours has made me keen to see mine completed.