Quickboost Spitfire IX slipper tank

Folks,

I'm thinking about ordering the Quickboost slipper tank for the Spitfire IX. I actually need one for a Spitfire VIII I'm getting ready to build.

However, I'm not able to find out any details about what size tank it's supposed to represent.

Can anyone help with additional information?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Folks,

I'm thinking about ordering the Quickboost slipper tank for the Spitfire IX. I actually need one for a Spitfire VIII I'm getting ready to build.

However, I'm not able to find out any details about what size tank it's supposed to represent.

Can anyone help with additional information?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Scott,

Spitfire slipper tanks came in 3 capacities: 30 (136.5 liter), 90 (409.5 liter) and 170 gallon (773.5 liter). Referring to Quickboost's website it looks like they carry all three although only one is identified by its' capacity, and that is QB48089 at 409 liters. QB48094 is not identifed but is clearly the largest of the three, so I think this is the big 170 gallon one. QB48067 is called the "flat tank" which to me must be the smallest at 30 gallons. The 30 gallon one BTW was the only one approved for combat, the other two being ferry tanks.

Here is a profile drawing out of AeroDetail showing all three. Also note what it says about the use of the 170 gallon tank with the larger oil tank (deeper chin cowling which QB does offer as part of their Spit PR Mk.XI conversion).

Slippertanksizes.jpg

HTH,

Tom

Scott,

Spitfire slipper tanks came in 3 capacities: 30 (136.5 liter), 90 (409.5 liter) and 170 gallon (773.5 liter). Referring to Quickboost's website it looks like they carry all three although only one is identified by its' capacity, and that is QB48089 at 409 liters. QB48094 is not identifed but is clearly the largest of the three, so I think this is the big 170 gallon one. QB48067 is called the "flat tank" which to me must be the smallest at 30 gallons. The 30 gallon one BTW was the only one approved for combat, the other two being ferry tanks.

Here is a profile drawing out of AeroDetail showing all three. Also note what it says about the use of the 170 gallon tank with the larger oil tank (deeper chin cowling which QB does offer as part of their Spit PR Mk.XI conversion).

Slippertanksizes.jpg

HTH,

Tom

Tom,

Thanks much for that. It really helps a lot!

Scott