Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Janissary

TUAF Tamiya 1/48 F-16C

Recommended Posts

Hello,

This is my recently finished F-16 with Turkish Airforce markings (192. Squadron - Balikesir).

I had sent an article about this build to ARC a couple of weeks ago and it was just put up the site today:

http://www.arcair.com/Gal9/8701-8800/gal87...6-Burak/00.shtm

In that article, I raise a few issues I would like to overcome. I would very much appreciate your responses if you have any, and your suggestions for improvements for the future.

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would very much appreciate your responses if you have any, and your suggestions for improvements for the future.

Very nice overall. Since you specifically asked here you are a few suggestions:

- improve masking on rear part of the canopy

- add more weatering to the undeside, especially EPU stains and tyres stains, but also a few oil leaks, these are needed since you weathered a lot (and very well) the top of the airframe,

- add a dark wash to the front hub

- add weathering to fuel tanks, these are often more dirt than the airframe itself

- to my taste nozzle is too clean on the outside and too dark on the inside

- improve canopy fitting, choose open or closed and made needed cuts to improve fititng

that is all I can suggest, but as I wrote here above overall it is an excellent model.

Cheers

Paolo

Edited by Paolo Maglio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Very nice overall. Since you specifically asked here you are a few suggestions:

- improve masking on rear part of the canopy

- add more weatering to the undeside, especially EPU stains and tyres stains, but also a few oil leaks, these are needed since you weathered a lot (and very well) the top of the airframe,

- add a dark wash to the front hub

- add weathering to fuel tanks, these are often more dirt than the airframe itself

- to my taste nozzle is too clean on the outside and too dark on the inside

- improve canopy fitting, choose open or closed and made needed cuts to improve fititng

that is all I can suggest, but as I wrote here above overall it is an excellent model.

Cheers

Paolo

Thank you Paolo. I appreciate the feedback. I get numb after a while studying my own model (the real model and the pictures) that I can no longer have that 'first impression' anymore. Thus fresh feedback like yours is very welcome.

One thing I realize is that I have the most fun painting the model and weathering only the visible parts that I kind of rush through the construction and other parts that you have accurately identified. I think in time I will gain more patience. Still with that it took a long time to finish this model. Just wanted to tell you all that I am loving this site as I can study the masters' beautiful builds and learn from them. Any new info/trick/suggestion/feedback is awesome!

On a different note, I will rant a little about PollyScale flat coat. Tonight, I gave Polyscale flat a try thinning it with distilled water and a/b'ing on some test model. I would say the ratio is 30:70 polyscale:water at about 20psi. I again got that haze/frosting going on (that I explained in the ARC article)!!! I am about to give up on Polyscale flat... I am so perplexed how others are getting great results with it... Btw, a big thank you goes out to all who have emailed me following my ARC post to share their opinions on Polyscale flat. I just can't get it to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice job, I like it :) nice to see a TuAF bird at that quality :salute:

but there are some problem areas :taunt: as you mentioned at the article, bird slicers are wrong type , also AMRAAMs have to be A model, not C...bird slicers are available only with Kinetic kit.. and, TuAF B-50s have light grey walkway stripes painted on ... and radome would be better in matt painted...

if you need anything, do not hesitate to PM me..

best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About Polyscale Flat (my favorite flat varnish).

Probably you have incurred in a bad bottle.

By the way you can try to:

- add mineral (not tap) water instead of distilled water

- add more water 80%

- spry it finely, the more and the better.

- be sure the surface if perfectly dry and that you removed all the glue from around the decals

- especially in hot days be sure to have a humidity trap in your airbrush

- if you still have a milky effect you can add a smal drop of acrylic gray to your mix of flat and water, it will add a nice weathered effect over the decals

If all these suggestions did't work just bit that bottle of paint!

Cheers

Paolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...