My silence is the realization that this years show plans are now toast, with the wife still out of work and her umemployment extensions almost finished. Not worth a four hour drive just to walk around and be tempted.

We're heading down from Edmonton, AB Canada this year and it will be our first trip to a US Nats. I have to say that the apparent lack of posts in this area has me concerned - it's a bit underwhelming :wub: Nevertheless we are very excited about attending and look forward to a great show.

I have a question though: for those who are going to visit the Dayton museum - are you planning to go before the Nats or after.

Mandie and I have been busy with wedding plans, but we'll definately be there..it's our de facto honeymoon. Yes, we already got married in a civil ceremony last winter, but our families would disown us if we didn't have a full church wedding to make it "official."

I am rather concerned that online registration still hasn't gone "live." I think we'll go ahead and mail ours in.

SN

This will be my first nationals in 34 years. It's amazing how things can get away from you. LOL

TIP....The Red Roof Inn 4 1/2 miles north of town is 40+ dollars less than the one across the street. Just saying...........:monkeydance:

Brent: You are going to have a great time at the US Nats! This will be my 14th or 15th Nats trip and I have had a great time at each one. I am also planning on visiting the Dayton museum and am expecting to work in a visit before the festivities start up for the convention. This just works out best with my travel schedule & work. I also have found out from experience that the Nats is such a constant modeling high, I am ready to slow down a bit come Sunday. This way I work in the Dayton museum while my energy level is still high. :woot.gif:

Have fun!

Mike

We're heading down from Edmonton, AB Canada this year and it will be our first trip to a US Nats. I have to say that the apparent lack of posts in this area has me concerned - it's a bit underwhelming :nanner: Nevertheless we are very excited about attending and look forward to a great show.

I have a question though: for those who are going to visit the Dayton museum - are you planning to go before the Nats or after.

."

I am rather concerned that online registration still hasn't gone "live." I think we'll go ahead and mail ours in.

SN

I think it'll be a all real-time registration this year

My silence is the realization that this years show plans are now toast, with the wife still out of work and her umemployment extensions almost finished. Not worth a four hour drive just to walk around and be tempted.

That sucks and I'm afriad allot of it will be going around this year...