I have a Revell NH-90 to build but i am not liking the nasty revell mixes. Does anyone have or know the FS numbers for the German NH-90? Even better xtracrylix or Humbrol numbers?

I used Humbrol 117 and Revell 65 for the greens (they have hardly any contrast in real life and so the choice of those two greens looks good in my eye) and a slightly brightened up Revell 9 (added some white and pale green).

Can be seen here:

UHT1.jpg

NH90TTH7.jpg

NH90TTH9.jpg

HAJO

Hi from Germany!

Here you can find information about nowaday's paint scheme of our helicopters:

Heeresflieger Norm '84 by Don Color

On some aircraft, the colour Forest Green (FS 34079) is not used, e.g. on the Bo-105 and the UHT Tiger. Our CH-53G(S) fleet has just changed frome plain NATO-Olive Drab (RAL 6014 ~ FS 34064 or 34087) to Norm '84. RAL 6003 Olive Green is close to FS 34102. RAL 7021 is close to FS 37038, a greyish Black.

Bronzegruen is RAL 6031, typical for our army vehicles (with Leather Brown RAL 8027 and Tar Black RAL 9021). According to David Klaus's "IPMS Colour Cross-Reference Guide", FS34094 is a near match for bronce green.

HTH

Jan

PS: A German Tiger Helicopter armed with a cannon? Somebody must be dreaming... Our leadership is much to peaceful to allow cannon-fire, we may only fire rockets. DUH!

PS: A German Tiger Helicopter armed with a cannon? Somebody must be dreaming... Our leadership is much to peaceful to allow cannon-fire, we may only fire rockets. DUH!

Let´s call it a "What if". :thumbsup:

Let´s call it a "What if". :)

Nah, it's a "should have been"! :wub: B)

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Hi!

It seems our German Tigers get the regular Norm'84 three-colour scheme. Maybe I was mislead by a prototype picture or it was just my weak memory. This picture on Airliners.net shows a production variant (towel-rack antenna on port tail, countermeasures-box under the tail), so I'd go for three colors if I were to paint a German Heeresflieger UHT.

Even RoG, who nowadays do a good research for their kits, shows their 72nd scale Tiger in triple-colour: Revell UHT / HAP manual

The two greens are quite close in hue, especially if the colours have aged. I was just close to some of our CH-53Gs in a two-tone anthracite / green scheme, but still I am confused right now. Officially, Norm '84 should be three colours, numbers as stated above by me.

Cheers

Jan

PS: Yes, the cannon-armed Tiger is a "Should-Have-Been" indeed, now a recoilless 30 mm cannon from Rheinmetal is considered, but I dunno if it's to be svivel-mounted or just straight forward. As a former Copter-crewmember, I recommend a "just-look-to-aim-then-shoot" system like the Apache has. A quick & cheap solution for cheap targets.

• 3 years later...

Hello all,

I do realise that this is outside the scope of the original question, but since the title of this thread is quite general and somebody looking for it might find this piece of info here, I will meddle;

For the Finnish NH90, color mixing instructions for Humbrol are found in http://www.ipmsfinland.org/artikkeli_artikkelit_suomalaisenmaakalustonnaamiomaalit.html

In English:

Dark Green AN11:

10 parts HU75

6 parts HU131

Light Green AN22:

HU102

Black AN44:

HU33

Mikko