Trumpeter 1/35 Morser Karl 00209--Questions

I've just ordered this beast and was wondering if anyone out there has made it and can warn me of any potential pitfalls.

Also---I was wondering how this giant got on and off railway tracks.

Did it just merrily roll over the tracks for transport/deployment or, was there some kind of system such as you get at railway level crossings, where there is a flattened out area so vehicles can drive over the tracks.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Rarely see any built-at least around my neighbourhood!

Check out these websites:

http://www.go2war2.nl/artikel/1014/60-cm-M...-040-en-041.htm

and

http://www.one35th.com/morser/karl_hist.htm

You might be further ahead, enquiring at Track Link or Missing Lynx and Armorama which all have dedicated 'tread heads'.

HTH

Thanks Auger!

I've studied all the sights you've mentioned apart from 'Track Link'.

That One35 is some site!! Got it bookmarked.

No, the problem is that I can't actually find any build reports. The ones that are REALLY handy by giving warnings about problems etc.

As to the second of my original questions--I can't find ONE picture that shows the Karl on a track about to leave on it's carriages or coming off them to go into action.

I really do not think this monster would just be lowered and then trundle over unprotected railway lines, I imagine, given the weight, the damage to the track would be terrible.

Thanks for your reply mate.

Gordon