2 X 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet

Based on their gear - SV-2 vest, HGU-33 helmet and leg garters - the CMK pilots are from the mid-70's to early-90's and flying Grumman hardware (not E-2 though).

HTH

Spongebob

Ok wont use them on the superhornets then... :) no pilots for this built

Things done..

1) Burner Cans.

2) Arrestor Hook

3) Nav lights

4) Ejection Seats

Now next question is should i be open canopy or close canopy? Does anyone know where i can get good mordern day pilot since the CMK one dun fit the bill?

Cheers and thx for looking

IMG_7594.jpg

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7577.jpg

IMG_7581.jpg

Edited by infideon
Your Double Rhino Builds are coming along nicely ...

Love that BK scheme ...

As for the second one's markings, go with what you want to see on the shelf ...

Gregg

looking good!

AWESOME build! Here are some loadouts we had on our last cruise. Not too sure if -41 or -32 had AGM-65 loaded on any of their missions, but we just stuck with the GBU-12 and GBU-38 combination with one AIM-9X on the wing.

Your drooped ailerons are perfectly normal to be seen on a Super with folded wings. Normally when the Super Hornet shuts down and wings are to be folded, the ailerons snap back to be flush with the wings. Often times though, the ordnancemen have to crank down the wings to upload or download a Sidewinder and when the outer wing is down, the ailerons start to drop on their own immediately due to gravity and they eventually end up fully-extended. They can be rolled-up just fine like that and thus the aileron is now pointing out on that wing.

Also if the jet shuts down with wings not folded, the ground crew can (and often does) crank up the wings manually and then again both ailerons are sticking out instead of faired back.

Just had Gypsy 200 flying over my house tonight, and the more I see that jet the more I like it! Keep up the good work!

Nick

100_3101-1.jpg

100_3098.jpg

100_3156.jpg

Wings folded with ailerons extended...

100_3467.jpg

AWESOME build! Here are some loadouts we had on our last cruise. Not too sure if -41 or -32 had AGM-65 loaded on any of their missions, but we just stuck with the GBU-12 and GBU-38 combination with one AIM-9X on the wing.

Your drooped ailerons are perfectly normal to be seen on a Super with folded wings. Normally when the Super Hornet shuts down and wings are to be folded, the ailerons snap back to be flush with the wings. Often times though, the ordnancemen have to crank down the wings to upload or download a Sidewinder and when the outer wing is down, the ailerons start to drop on their own immediately due to gravity and they eventually end up fully-extended. They can be rolled-up just fine like that and thus the aileron is now pointing out on that wing.

Also if the jet shuts down with wings not folded, the ground crew can (and often does) crank up the wings manually and then again both ailerons are sticking out instead of faired back.

Just had Gypsy 200 flying over my house tonight, and the more I see that jet the more I like it! Keep up the good work!

Nick

100_3101-1.jpg

100_3098.jpg

100_3156.jpg

Wings folded with ailerons extended...

100_3467.jpg

THX SO MUCH! Do they carry the GBU with that optical lense?

Edited by infideon

Today i did some work on the Black Knights... i would say the plane is 99% complete less painting of Nav lights.

I added 2 MK83 bombs, sidewinder and some pod for the plane.

Doing a little diorama here gonna be titled "Final Check before flight" going to find some figures to place around the plane removing RBF tags etc.

Base is scratched using plastic card wood base and carpet grass....much easier than the carrier deck one :thumbsup:

Anyway here is what it looks like for now...for this built the plane is taking off from an air base and not a carrier deck like Gypsy 200.

I ransacked my spare boxes and found the following figures from a mix of hasegawa and italeri and some tool boxes from verlinden and a fire hose point :whistle:

some of the crew will be depicted ready to take off the FOD covers and RBF tags which i will add from eduard photoetch RBF later

thx!

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7654.jpg

Edited by infideon

I'd remove the pilots from the Black Night jet, canopy closed.. maybe the engines runing, exhaust covers on,people handling bombs...

*I* think it would look cooler, if you had the boarding ladder extended and have the pilots climbing up, WHILE the dude messing with the cover is removing the intake cover.

It's your build, and i like it anyway :woot.gif:

I'd remove the pilots from the Black Night jet, canopy closed.. maybe the engines runing, exhaust covers on,people handling bombs...

*I* think it would look cooler, if you had the boarding ladder extended and have the pilots climbing up, WHILE the dude messing with the cover is removing the intake cover.

It's your build, and i like it anyway :woot.gif:

Remove pilots? hmmm yeah thats true all the detailed painting gone to waste...but the canopy is glued close already...a pity anyway the theme is final check before take off so i think its ok the pilots r in ready doing all final checks with the ground crew signalling him when ready to rock and roll

After researching, i believe flap down is normal for folded wings...heres a photo of the flaps down when wings r folded...i think its a matter of choice whether the flaps r retracted or down when folded

Thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking of legacy hornet, which i *think* has to have the flaps up when folded. :D Anyway, the build is looking good.