HobbyBoss V-100 Commando. I'm doing 2 of these actually. One is the box version and the other is the Air Force version that Bob Baldo (ikar) drove around in looking for Vietnamese donut shops! It goes togather pretty well,parts have some flash on them,instructions are vague in some areas but nothing that can't be figured out.

100_2519.jpg

The undercarriage has its issues but mostly I think because of my fat fingers.

100_2518.jpg

The driving and fighting compartment could use an after market kit with radios and other bits and parts.

100_2517.jpg

100_2513.jpg

I began painting the model as soon as my Harder and Steenbeck arrived just to try a real airbrush on for size...FUN!

I used soft foam padding to block off the window openings so I wouldn't have to mask.

100_2513.jpg

The PE light grills are a nice addition. Anyway,the wife just left for the Home Depot so I need to start painting before she returns! Comments welcomed! BTW, DO NOT build this kit without getting a copy of Sqaudrons Walk Around book,it's VERY helpful!

Looks like a pretty good kit. If I can just find one around here. There wasn't one for sale at our contest and I don't know of any stores in our area that carry Hobbyboss.

Actually we usually got our doughnuts and sodas at the little snackbar behind the Base Defense Control building across from the armory before guardmount and posting. On top of that, it was six months before I discovered that we had icecream on base.