Hasegawa Ma.K Falke

Wow, that is one sweet build. I would like to know how did you created that chipped out paint job? Again, it's one sweet looking Sci-fi flying vehicle.

BTW, I looked into the link you provided and went to the home page to view more of the gallery and found some cool photographs from Iraq. Very nice.

Mike

Edited by Youngtiger1
Wow, that is one sweet build. I would like to know how did you created that chipped out paint job? Again, it's one sweet looking Sci-fi flying vehicle.

BTW, I looked into the link you provided and went to the home page to view more of the gallery and found some cool photographs from Iraq. Very nice.

Mike

Thanks. The Iraq photos are from Vern who's over there for the next couple of months. IIRC he's a F-16 crew chief.

The chipped looks is really three layers of paint. The base material layer, consisting of various Alclad paints, tan, and some carbon fiber decals. Sealed that and salt masked the entire thing, which uses water and a dribble of salt to mask the material layer. Then a few colors of Tamiya. Rub the salt off (it'll stick better than you'd think) and seal it. Give it a coat of Hairspray (which I've now seen I got a bit thick in places) and paint over with red. The hairspray acts as water soluble base that you can scrub away with some warm water and a stiff brush. After that a few layers of washes & filters and some judicious use of Tamiya weather powders finished it off.