First of all the aircraft model is a beauty, obviously you know the "art of modelling". Now I will have to agree with the previous comment that it looks like a Su-30 similar to the ones given to India. Since I have built something similar - Su-30Mkk Chinese Air Force - using the two-seater from Academy and a lot of scratchbuilding and hard work - I wonder how did you built the foreplanes, they don't look like the Sol conversion but they still look excellent...

Thanks Sv!

It's not a whatif, but a prototype:

Su-35UB_2_big.jpg

look here, at the end of the page;

http://www.mars.slupsk.pl/fort/sukhoi/su-30-ru1.htm

1. In 2000 very specific hybrid aircraft was prepared, converted from serial from serial Su-30MKK (serial number 80-08), with aid of a huge and advanced computer-aided design; first flight 08.2000. It's a tandem two-seat multirole fighter called Su-30M3 (please remember that Su-30MK2 it's a prototype in Su-30 upgrade program, known as Su-30KN). Produced by KnAAPO using advanced airframe with canard forewings (Irkutsk), but equiped with cheaper avionics of Su-30MKK (Komsomolsk-on-Amur) - rare example of the cooperation between rivals. Aircraft was in 2000 proposed to China but PLAAF was not interested.

2. Then aircraft was rebuilt. Equiped with avionics of the Su-35 (export version of Su-27M) and combat capabilities similiar to indian Su-30MKI, With designation Su-35UB was used for some marketing purposes, especially for promote Su-35 in tenders in South Korea (tender for 40 fighters) and Brasilia (24 fighters). Sukhoi Su-35 failed both tenders in 2002, so aircraft is used to test new avionics and in 2005 even play in the movie Mirror Wars: Reflection One, directed by Vasili Chiginsky, with Rutger Hauer and Malcolm McDowell.

3. Later aircraft was used as testbed to testing new avionics, including radar Zhuk-MSE produced by Fazotron NIIR.

bye

thanks zark!

Foreplanes or "canards" were cuted in a cd box!!! i took a templates from drawings.

edges were sharpened and a litttle filler was added on sides to give more volume.

The shoulders or LERX are from the same material. I glued some pieces to the original kit and after a lot of filling/sanding i get the right shape!!

Finally i stuck and sanded a plastic sheet on LERX to ease scribing.

bye

I do really admire your work even more now. Becouse I have some years of modelling in my back, it is so simple to explain how you did it but is actually veeery hard to achieve these high standards of scratchbuilding...

Oh, Yeah! We can't never have enough Sukhois around here, especially if they are as good as the one you have here, my friend.

Thanks for sharing this beauty with us. The right word for me right now is INSPIRATIONAL, no less!

Do you have pictures of the scratch building process for the front landing gear (and the rest of the job for that matter) you could share with us?

Keep up the good work

FAB

Oh, Yeah! We can't never have enough Sukhois around here, especially if they are as good as the one you have here, my friend.

Thanks for sharing this beauty with us. The right word for me right now is INSPIRATIONAL, no less!

Do you have pictures of the scratch building process for the front landing gear (and the rest of the job for that matter) you could share with us?

Keep up the good work

FAB

I'll let Rom answer with his info, but here's how I di mine in 1:72 scale for my Su-30MKM....

su-30_040.jpg

...and the FOD guard...

su-30_048.jpg

su-30_051.jpg

More on the whole build here.

Cheers :cheers:

Ken

rom, simply SUPERB AND STUNNING....

I thought also like the other ARCer that this was simliar to the ones that Idai had acquired...

GORGEOUS detaling and it is MAGNIFIQUE... :salute:

LOVE THE COLORS... :cheers::worship::worship:

Thank you so much for kind comments guys!!

Concerning the paints, i don't remember.. i did it 2 years ago...

I used Humbrols blue 14, 48, 89 and maybe 65...

About the scratch:

The nose was designed on CAD :

Sanstitre-7copie.jpg

then drillmilled :

PICT0097.jpg

the result:

PICT0087.jpg

I was very lucky to be able to use it at my internship workshop. :thumbsup:

The front canopy was done from scratch, with packaging clear sheet and PE tree part:

pitsu35ub2.jpg

the template of the windshield should look like this:

Image1.jpg

The LERX:

first i added some preshaped plastic parts from a cd box :) stuck with CA glue.

Voids are filled with Tamiya filler:

su35ub1.jpg

su35ublerx2.jpg

su35ublerx1.jpg

Edited by rom

then shoulders are recovered with fin plastic sheet:

PICT0091.jpg

It helped for the scribing. For that stage, i printed scale drawings and cut the panels i needed. I stuck them on the plane shoulders at their right place with white glue and let it dry. When stuck paper was hard enough, i scribed around using them as a template.

For the wheels, im not so happy with it:

Casts from MHM kit:

HPIM0424.jpg

Sanstitre-1.jpg

x

Wow Rom!! superb model and where did you get that cool machine tool?

hi!!

I used this machine at my internship workshop, 2 years ago.

I worked by a model maker in achitecture and urbanism :thumbsup:

bye