Your 2009 NAT'S Shopping List

Fellas,

Alrighty, I can't help but wonder what some of you are hoping to get this year for future builds.

Admittedly, I have two lists. The first is the 'Gotta Have List' and the second is 'The Back-up Plan'.

'Gotta Have List':

1/48 Academy F-22

1/48 Sword T-38

1/48 Hase F-14A Atl Flt

1/32 Tamiya F-15C

1/48 HobbyBoss F-105G

1/48 Fine Molds X-Wing Fighter

some resin sets for an existing F-14D build and F-22 goodies.

Afterburner Decals and Two Bobs

Debating if I should get the 1/48 TSR...

'Back-up Plan':

1/48 HobbyBoss A-10A

1/48 Kinetic F-16C Barak

1/48 Kinetic F-16D Block 52+

1/48 Hase F-104G

1/48 Kinetic F-16DG/DJ

Likely I won't end up with much of the above as I will be under 'close observation'. Luckily, I have been saving for a year and have a secret stash and the orders can go to my brother-in-law's house. There is nothing like a buddy that can help a man out.

Edited by afterburner

Having attended many conventions, I've found it's better to have a list of what you HAVE rather than what you WANT! Once you're there the choices in front of you tend to overwhelm any wish list you might have!

I ain't got anything I "need' except 1 sheet of decals...would like to pick up a couple Fine Molds Bf 109 kits 1/72nd scale if HLJ has a decent sale but that might be rough given the last day feeding frenzy.

I'll take "X" amount of money for the vendor room like the last Nat's I've done but most times only spend 1/2. Since my major planned purchase had been the Eduard 1/32nd scale Bf 109E-4 and since that kit is a dog now I'll be bringing money home

Well, my wife said that because I haven't been to a Nat's in 4 years that my eyes are bigger than my needs. I tend to agree. I sounded like a kid at Christmas on that first post. I'll be going by Gordon's and a few other tables looking for a few particular things. I need lots of resin and decals.

Seeing i havent been to a nats since 91 yes i am that old i dont know what i am going to be getting, i have WAY TOO MUCH stuff as it is so i will probably getting lost in the vendor room a few times, i have one requeist from head vendor dude print off map so we can find our ways out of the vendor room if we get lost ;) :cheers: :lol:

I've been working on my list for some time..........

Vector P-61 bits

AZ Vengeance #48013

AZ Fokker G.1 #48028

Special Hobby Br.20 #48068 - CA #4131

Special Hobby Breda Ba.65 #48053

Special Hobby RO.57 #48075

ICM C-45 #48181

CA F2H Banshee

Czech Model Cessna Bobcat #CZM4819

Italeri Re.2002 #2670

Italeri MC.200 #2676

Airdoc F-84 decals #48008

Pavla TSR-2 resin ‘pit #48016

Yellow Wings P-26 decals

I'm hoping that previously announced kits will come out in Columbus :thumbsup:

Edited by DarylH

This will be my second Nats, and I kind of learned from last year that whatever list I make becomes invalid as soon as I walk through the door. With that in mind, I have a couple of kits I will look out for:

1/32 Trumpy Crusader or any other 1/32 that catches my eye

1/350 Trumpy Admiral Ushakov/ Peter the Great

The T-2 that everyone is discussing here from Two Bobs

And what usually happens at these types of events is that I find something I like, and then I try to find all of the necessary aftermarket for that kit so that I have a complete ready-to-go project. Rather than spend my money in a scattershot way, I am going to try and focus on one or two kits and go all out. If I can find stuff for kits I already have, that is a plus as well. See you all in the vendors' room.

This will be my second Nats, and I kind of learned from last year that whatever list I make becomes invalid as soon as I walk through the door. With that in mind, I have a couple of kits I will look out for:

1/32 Trumpy Crusader or any other 1/32 that catches my eye

1/350 Trumpy Admiral Ushakov/ Peter the Great

The T-2 that everyone is discussing here from Two Bobs

And what usually happens at these types of events is that I find something I like, and then I try to find all of the necessary aftermarket for that kit so that I have a complete ready-to-go project. Rather than spend my money in a scattershot way, I am going to try and focus on one or two kits and go all out. If I can find stuff for kits I already have, that is a plus as well. See you all in the vendors' room.

Great advice. Of course my list has changed. Now I am looking for an Acad F-22 and some accessories to go with it so it can be a complete project. Same with a couple of other kits in the closet. I have been procrastinating with getting some PE for them and now is the perfect chance. That Trumpy Crusader sounds good. I am going to see if there are any reasonable deals on a Tamiya F-4E. I've had a resin cockpit for it for years after I traded the original kit. We'll see. See you there as well.

I am looking for 1/32 A7D's and F4J's. I am going to check the ISRA Decals table for new products also.

Mike

Come visit the Zactomodels vendor table and check out my A-7 correction while you're there!

:P

I know better than try and take a list with me but theres a few highlights I'll be activley searching for:

Resin Star Wars stuff

Eduard's Red Baron 1/48 combo kit

Eduards Strip Down PE kits

Cheap P-40s and releated details

any real memorbilia for sale ex RBF tags.

And of course those odds and ends ya find, like the 3 for $10 bin of old models,

• 1 month later...

I will be looking for mainly aftermarket stuff,True Details and Quickboost resin in 1/48 and 1/32.F4U-1 cockpit and Quickboost Me 109and FW-190D exhaust in 1/32 and some Quickboost 1/48 exhausts for the Me-109's and Typhoons I have.Kits maybe a 1/48 Kinetic F-84F and a Hasegawa,Revell or Pro Modeler F4U-5 Corsair. Maybe some decals also.

Barring a huge discount (or surprise buy like finding the new Academy F-15E there) I'll probably be limiting myself to resin or decals. Especially foreign ones (as in subjects like a Mig 15 or Mig 17 sheet in 48th!)

The only aircraft that I am really interested in is the new Ark Hawker Hurricane kit (ICM under a differant name) not because I don't have plenty of Hurricanes in the closet o doom but that the kit allows one to do a Sea Hurricane OOB without any hacking at the fuselage (ala Hasegawa).

I'd love to see new tools but honestly the last time I went when we had it here I splurged on Classic Airframes kits (4 I think) and 2 are still sitting completely untouched, one partial build and abandoned and one Hanger 13'ed out of frustration. Ah to have a *hitload of Hobbyboss new tools magically show up - and me with a self imposed buying holiday!

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts

the only New kits I'll be trying to snag are Airfix's new 1/72 Spitfires. Maybe the Eduard Spad XIII dual combo too but thats my consolation prize if I can't locate the "Der Rotten Flieger" pack at the show.