O/T: CSAR-X(who won?)

Hey all,

How has life been treating everybody? Anyways, has a winner been named for CSAR-X yet? I know the other companies have protested Boeing winning once or twice, but I have heard nothing since last year as far a winner goes.

The summer is near and the water calls, can't wait to go SCUBA diving!

Fair Wind and Following Seas,

Jake

Edited by X-RAY

Jake,

The program's been canceled. They're reevaluating the requirements and making it a joint services airframe (the first good idea that's come along in a while). There is some priority on it, but I don't see a fly-off happening anytime soon.

How ya been buddy?

Jon

Jake,

The program's been canceled. They're reevaluating the requirements and making it a joint services airframe (the first good idea that's come along in a while). There is some priority on it, but I don't see a fly-off happening anytime soon.

How ya been buddy?

Jon

Dead, and if SecDef has his way, the VH-71 will be joining it.

I'm pretty sure thje President and SECDEF have already had their way with the -71. That program is headed for a complete restructuring.

Thank the "requirements creeps" for f***ing up another set of programs into oblivion.

Jon/strikeeagle801,

I've been good, in fact, I just got done working at a horse show today. I am worn out, believe you me! The reason I haven't been on in a long while is becuase I have been working to keep my grades up in school. Hope to get on at least once a week now.

Anyways, thanks for letting me know they dumped the program. I hope they find something that will work out. I was really wanting the HH-47 to win even though it has no affect on me what-so-ever.

Later,

Jake

Edited by X-RAY

Any idea on if it will be an existing airframe or a new build? I talked to some Army Chinook guys who were happy as can be when Boeing won that contract because it meant more Chinooks, thus job security and the USAF 53s were so tired and maintenance heavy the Army was having to pick up some slack. I kind of thought the Ch-47 was going to be the best bet on that joint service idea... who knows now right?

It will depend on the requirements, but it is a better than even money bet that it will be a derivative airframe. The key is how much "stuff" each competitor can cram in.