• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Su-27BM or Su-35, not Su-35BM!

For all Russian aviation freaks :cheers:

but indeed a beautiful plane! Countdown to see her in person - a month and 3 weeks

Are you sure she'll be at MAKS ????

Ken

PS - We are staying at the Cosmos - going to MAKS on Friday 21st & Sunday 23rd.

What color would the fuel tanks be on this jet?

Probably zinc chromate with some sort of sealant ..... :blink:

Sorry, couldn't resist .... :)

I assume you mean external fuel tanks ???

The Su-35 has provision for '2 external tanks of 2,000ltr capacity' - according to a Sukhoi brochure in my hand.

But as it has never even been photographed with such tanks, the answer is 'no-one knows'

As for the colour scheme, whilst being very dramatic and 'cool' - it is pure Sukhoi PR.

I doubt if any export buyer (and let's hope there are some :pray: ) would adopt such a scheme - and Russian AF Su-27BM's would probably have 'standard' (but boring) camo schemes.

If I were to speculate as to fuel tank colour on a RusAF Su-27BM, it would be plain old underside Pale Blue Grey - but I doubt that even an operational Su-27BM would need to carry such tanks - unless it was ferrying.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • 2 weeks later...
Probably the most beautiful aircraft in world with the most beautiful camouflage...

Enjoy people! :unsure:

2nd_su-35_flight_12_big-1.jpg

2nd_su-35_flight_02_big.jpg

2nd_su-35_flight_03_big-1.jpg

img_288_23015_13.jpg

img_288_23015_14.jpg

img_288_23015_15.jpg

img_288_23015_2.jpg

img_288_23015_3-1.jpg

img_288_23015_5-1.jpg

img_288_23015_8-1.jpg

AWESOME!!!!! Is anyone going to make a model of this thing? Can anyone make the new tail fins? If anyone wants clarification on the Su-27 versions, I suggest you get the book "Famous Russian Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-27" by Yefim Gordon. I have the book. It will make life much easier.

Hope this helps anyone,

Brad :jaw-dropping:

AWESOME!!!!! Is anyone going to make a model of this thing?

Yes ..... http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/modl_su-35.html

Can anyone make the new tail fins? If anyone wants clarification on the Su-27 versions, I suggest you get the book "Famous Russian Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-27" by Yefim Gordon. I have the book. It will make life much easier.

Hope this helps anyone,

Brad :cheers:

It has been said (by Yefim Gordon) that it has different fins - but, apart from the bigger rudders, I couldn't make out any shape differences when I photographed 901 alongside a Su-30MK at MAKS 07.

day03_068.jpg

So I haven't changed them on my model - which is just now in the finishing stages.

Ken

brag time: just got the press accreditation for MAKS'09

You can redeem yourself by posting an insane amount of pictures :thumbsup:

These pics are superb, Its always been a beautiful looking jet but the contrast of that jagged black and white camo make it look like a work of art. Thank you for sharing these :woot.gif:

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys!

when does the maks09 begin?

cant wait to batch of pictures from 902!!!

I want to build it in 1/48... maybe my next project for september....

By the way, has anybody news from the PAK-FA?

bye

I am looking forward seeing 902 fly at MAKS. Also hoping they'll bring one of those brand new MiG-29SMTs from Algerian fiasco too.

The Algerian SMT is ugly, but the original SMT (917 Blue) is a much nicer looking plane with the better spine curve.

- Brad -_-

• 2 weeks later...