Rafale Winged Belgian F-16C

Finished this a few weeks ago but every time it occoured to me to post it the damn camera was out of juice again! :bandhead:

So here it is. Started life as the AFV Club F-16A Blk-20 RoCAF kit, but the resin and decals were tossed in spare parts and my 'old rejects' box full of cut-up plane fuselages came out. I was inspired by one particular model in the galleries (don't know how to link to specific pages, the url is the same for individual entries as the index)

No backstory in particular, except that Rafale Wings would increase payload and maneuverability. (bigger and thicker...Wakko, shut up!) Carrying a centerline GEPOD that came from the kit and Kinetic pods/tanks/pylons/bombs.

I'll get more pics up, these were the only decent ones out of the few I managed to shoot off before aforementioned doomed-to-damnation camera ran out of juice.

000_0550.jpg

000_0553.jpg

Now that´s a very beautiful bird! Surprisingly good looking even..... it some how doesn´t look like a Whif, the lines flow very naturally off this.

I wonder how it would preform in real life? I heard a saying telling that: "if it looks good it probably is!"

Only thing is that I´d have liked to move the mainwheel struts to the root of the wing instead of keeping them in the same place as in the F-16.....something like they did on JAS 39 NG. It would free lots of internal space for fueltanks and and increase the range....

Oh well I got a bit carried away there:D

Really good work! Cheers!

WHile I love the idea of a Viper with canards, It bugs me to see them stuck onto the intake. You'd need a heck of a lot of supports and structure to accomodate the mechanics of the canards, and I don't think you could fit all that into the intake walls.

WHile I love the idea of a Viper with canards, It bugs me to see them stuck onto the intake. You'd need a heck of a lot of supports and structure to accomodate the mechanics of the canards, and I don't think you could fit all that into the intake walls.

I've seen pics of the CCV's intake and on the inside there's just a pair of bumps, about the size of the [standard] RWR antennae on the nose, to cover the actuators. So I assumed moving them up 45 degrees wouldn't be unfeasible.

I've seen pics of the CCV's intake and on the inside there's just a pair of bumps, about the size of the [standard] RWR antennae on the nose, to cover the actuators. So I assumed moving them up 45 degrees wouldn't be unfeasible.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about those! You're right!