PL 1/1000 USS Enterprise Refit

I learned on the StarShip modeler website that Polar lights will be releasing a 1/1000 USS Enterprise Refit kit in December. Finally....

I was very impressed with their NX-01 1/1000 Enterprise kit and I'm hoping this will be up to that standard.

I'm thinking Mirror Universe markings for the refit.....

Felinoid

• 4 weeks later...

according to 'sources', the new movie enterprise is around 750metres long, in other words, she's even longer than the Sovereign class Enterprise E

yeah, its just about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard too

it was a brewery, actually...

and if old = big, then how come the original series enterprise was so small? The 750m size doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense from a scaling point of view, just compare the features of this ship, particularly the saucer section, to the refit enterprise, they're very clearly the same size and scale...

PS I'm not kidding, engineering really was a brewery

Edited by Face

I'M A BIG FAN OF STAR TREK IN ALL IT'S FORMS! I don't realy care to much about the differencse between this and T.O.S. What I carre about is Star Trek not dieing. The ship grew on me over time and I think Gene would have liked it. It also seemed that it fit into the Star Trek rule book as far as how things worked etc. It doesn't look like the lost the spirit. The crew of the Rnterprise saved the Federation and Earth! That's what we expect in a Star Trek movie! I say Good job! Lets not bash this and embrace it. At least it's not an Enterprise movie! I hope all the cast goes for more movies!

Curt

I like how this guy thinks! Is this a real model company...lol this is from down the page on the 1/350 TOS Enterprise. "Development of the kit has begun. It has beaten the start of the new movie Enterprise by a full month. This is a kit that MUST be right in every way. It MUST be accurate. It MUST build better than the 1/350 Refit. (yes, I said better) It MUST be special. It will be our best effort to bring a definitive kit to market that requires nothing more to add to the subject." I like the way he thinks!

Curt

Nice to see another Crew Dog here! I have 12 years on the good old Herk. I now run the R&R shop here at Moffett Field. How long have you been playing the game??? Now go get me 20' of flight line...lol :whistle: Don't forget to get your boots sent in to NDI!

Curt