2008 Mustang 'Bullitt' in-prog

Well I thought it was Reliable Resin but I was wrong again :lol:

It's at Time Machine Resin......... http://www.timemachineresin.bravehost.com/fordkits.html

Thanks for the link! I need to get one of those for the stash. FWIW, Reliable did have a convertible trans kit, but it was for the Shelby GT-Hurtz edition and it looks to be OOP.

Cheers,

Alby

Alby,

How did you apply the red/blue for the heater control in the center of the dash below the CD player?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the kind comment, I greatly appreciate it (and also the forum to share it in!). The heater control was done with red and blue paint, applied with a toothpick I whittled down to a very fine point. The same toothpick was used to apply the white dots that simulate the text and symbols on the buttons and switches. Thanks again!

Nice work Alby! I am in awe of how car modellers can achieve such lovely finishes on their builds.

:lol:

MikeJ

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the kudos on the Mustang and the paint work. Glossy finishes can be a black art but once you figure out the general mixing ratios for the different types of paint, method of application, and spraying technique, it becomes easier to master. I can't remember how many paint mules I went through or projects gone wrong before I finally got it figured out (and I'm still learning to an extent).

Cheers,

Alby

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the compliments! I see there's a Bullitt edition 1968 Mustang that Revell has marketed along with the 2008 kit. I may to look into getting that kit when a I make a dent in the unbuilt stash.

Thanks again to all who participated in this thread. Here are a few outdoor photos to officially wrap things up;

100_4741.jpg

100_4745.jpg

100_4743.jpg

100_4744.jpg

Cheers,

Alby

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

GORGEOUS :wub:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...