I wish some one would do F86's in Europe

All we ever see is F86 Sabres in Korea. They flew F86's in Europe in that time period also. They just weren't as flashy.

I have one set aside for a Spanish Sidewinder armed F-86F-30. Waiting on Harold to do some more stuff in 1/48 as I really want those big 200 gallon tanks!

Cutting Edge 48173 had an F-86A of the 116th FIS, 81st FIW, based at Shepherds Grove, Suffolk, which incidentally is about two miles from where I grew up - albeit that "The Grove" had F-84s then RAF Thor missiles, then deactivation by that time.

I do wish that someone would do some of the Manston-based Ds, I have a Revell Sabre-Dog saved up for whenever some kind decal manufacturer does exactly that.

I've also got an RAF and Canadian pair of Canadairs on my dolist - Eagle Strike and Cutting Edge decals respectively.

As to "they weren't as flashy", perhaps true, but some nice colour schemes nonetheless.

There was also a European based F-86F in camo on one of the Cutting Edge sheets I did way back when. I also did a CE sheet for the Skyblazers, the European based USAF flight demonstration team.

J

Depends what scale you want, model decal did some UK Sabres.

Aeroclas do decals for Spanish & Argentinian Aerobatic teams.

I do wish someone would do a good F-86A conversion set in 1.72 & 1.48

Julien

Most Canadian modelers like to do European-based Sabres; they had a great green/grey/light blue scheme. I've done this in 1:48 (439 Tiger Squadron), and I have another Leading Edge decal sheet for my upcoming 1:32 Sabre (421 Red Indian Squadron).

The box for the 1:32 Sabre represents a Luftwaffe Sabre...

I guess it depends on who is doing the modelling.

ALF

Hobbyboss just released their F-86F in 1/72 with the Erich Hartmann tulipans version. The thing is that this is a real F-86F with the larger wingspan and shape. Besides, the Luftwaffe versions are cooler.