Here are some shots of my current build. Hasegawa 737-800 with Draw's WestJet Decals. The kit is a little gem. The whole kit went together in about a day. I had a heck of a time with the decals, as chronicled in another thread! I had issues getting the silk screened decals to conform. Mr. Drawbaugh offered to make we a set on the laser printer (free of charge), and those are the decals that made it on the kit. They worked great! I need to shoot it with Future and complete final assembly. Can't say enough about Draw's customer service....Greg was commited to making sure I was happy (and this model was finished), despite the fact that the screw ups where largly attributed to my lack of skill. It eventually took 4 sets of decals to complete this kit....I paid for one! I sincerely appreciate the personal time and interest that Mr. Drawbaugh took in my complete satisfaction...I will forever be a Draw Decals customer.

Regards,

Chris

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

Edited by Thrushcom

Nice work, but a nit-pick if I may. We don't have the yellow and black ice markers in the middle of the wings. Otherwise, great work. I may have to start on one of my company birds this year.

Nice work, but a nit-pick if I may. We don't have the yellow and black ice markers in the middle of the wings. Otherwise, great work. I may have to start on one of my company birds this year.

The wing decals are from the box, and I just decided not to modify the decals before application. Would have been easy enough...I just didn't.....no excuse.

Thanks,

Chris

Great looking 737 Chris! :thumbsup: And a great story about Draw Decals. It's always nice to hear about good customer service. I've got a set of his Alaska Airlines decals I'm looking forward to putting to work.

Great looking 737 Chris! :) And a great story about Draw Decals. It's always nice to hear about good customer service. I've got a set of his Alaska Airlines decals I'm looking forward to putting to work.

I have a set of Alaska decals for my 737-700. I will post pix when I start of that project. I will look forward to seeing yours as well!

Chris

Hi Chris

First off, great looking model :)

I am looking into buying some Hasegawa kits to get some variation from the Revell kits.

A few questions, what is the quality like compared to revell's B738 and is the construction clean or did you need many repairs or alterations to the plastic?

Many thanks

Eren

Hi Chris

First off, great looking model ;)

I am looking into buying some Hasegawa kits to get some variation from the Revell kits.

A few questions, what is the quality like compared to revell's B738 and is the construction clean or did you need many repairs or alterations to the plastic?

Many thanks

Eren

Eren,

Thanks for the nice comments. I thought this model kit was a little gem. It is a very simple build. No windows to fill, very fine recessed detail, and an overall superb fit. I used a little bit of filler around the main gear wheel wells, thats all. Winglet's are more accurate in shape than the Revell kit. Surprising to me is that I have not seen many of these kits built or talked about, though I'm sure there are many of them out there. I am not a 737 expert and tend to accept a model out of box, so others might be better equipped to provide some comments about the kits accuracy. It looks good to me! The weakest point to me (and holds true for some of the other Hasegawa kits) is the way the kit engines are engineered to fit to the wings. Instead of the whole pylon being attached to the wing there is a kind of ackward attachment location with a portion of the pylon being molded into the wing itself. It makes it hard to eliminate the seam, though the fit is very good. That is my only knit pick. I can say this has been one of my favorite airline builds to date. I have a Hasegawa 737-700 with Alaska Airlines decals to follow up this build and just ordered a set of Two Six Carribbean Airlines decals for another 737-800.

Regards,

Chris

Edited by Thrushcom

Very nice build Chris!

I have my first Hasegawa 737-700 in progress right now and no problems so far. The fit of parts have been very good but needed some putty on the lower fuselage joint.

One thing I have noticed is the height of the nose gear. I am no 737 expert but the Hasegawa nose gear seems to be too long? The Revell 737-800 sits a little more "nose down" compared to the Hasegawa. Comparing with photos of the real thing, these 737s do appear to sit a little "nose down"........ so perhaps the Hasegawa nose gear could be shortened just a little bit for a more accurate finish?

Dennis

One thing I have noticed is the height of the nose gear. I am no 737 expert but the Hasegawa nose gear seems to be too long? The Revell 737-800 sits a little more "nose down" compared to the Hasegawa. Comparing with photos of the real thing, these 737s do appear to sit a little "nose down"........ so perhaps the Hasegawa nose gear could be shortened just a little bit for a more accurate finish?

Dennis

I noticed this too in Chris's pictures, it does look a little less "nose down" as you say but my revell 737-800 is alot more nose down but thanks for the reply Chris, I shall be ordering the ANA B737-800 very soon.

Actually, I spent a little time pondering the height of the nose gear strut myself. The picture seems to make it look a little more exaggerated than it really is...the kit sits pretty much exactly level...but it does not look quite as squat as the real thing. I chalked it up to an overserviced nose gear strut and left it as is.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely build!

Brings back some memories too, I'm originally from Edmonton so I've seen Westjet 737s quite a bit.

Before I left for the Czech Republic in 2004, Westjet still had some 200 series 737s in the fleet. Those long pod 737s kicked up a racket but I loved watching them come and go.