Atlantique from Dakar?

Greetings,

Does anyone know the unit of the Breguet Atlantique which is involved in the search for the missing/downed Airbus off the coast of Brazil?

From what I can tell, it's based out of Dakar, and it's a one-only (possibly), but it looks to be painted in two greys.

I've always wanted to build the 1/72 version, and I just might have a reason now.

Thanks in advance

Scott

I'm not sure what unit it's from, but... it's almost certainly going to be an Atlantique II/NG, which you're not going to be able to build with the Revell kit. Revell's Atlantic is the early version, and there are many significant differences between the two types. Revell's breakdown will allow them to tool/release the later type at some point in the future, but you really can't do it now.

In addition to the fact that it's an Atlantique NG, I'm fairly certain that the French Navy rotates aircraft from units Metropolitan France to Dakar rather than having a particular unit based there. I know that's the case with their other overseas detachments.

J