Saab Draken 1/48 Hasegawa

I fell in love with this aircraft when I first saw it in a really bad action movie back in the 80's or 90's... just thought it had a cool 'Batman-type' shape to it. Anyway, when I found out it was real I went hunting for one but found only 72nd... I only had to wait a couple of decades for this one. I wasn't totally happy with the outcome because I'm not happy with the new Gunze paints... not really the paint, but I like using alcohol to thin my old gunze and I can't find anything but Gunze 1100 (or whatever it is...400?) to thin it. I want something I can get in a big can for 5 or 6 bucks (like my home depot Enamel Thinner) but It doesn't always work... Anyway I liked this red scheme and used a pencil for the Panels... thats something I haven't done in a couple of decades either.. I hope you like the pics

Steven

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

You've got red on you :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I´m not sure which Mr. color paint you´re using so I´ll provide altternative for both.

Regular (Nitro) Cellulose thinners works just fine to thin Mr. Color lacquer paints and surfacer.It should not be hard to find in your hardware store.

Here where I live you can buy it in litres and 1 litre is about 8 bucks US.

If you´re using the Acrylic version you could go to the pharmacy and get some IPA (isopropyl alcohol) they should know what you want. IPA is the same stuff as Tamiya X-20A thinner but without the retarder. If you want to these paints can be thinned with the above cellulose thinners as well.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Emil

Edited by nr1forme