Beautiful as always Pete! Make sure you fill that gap at the front of the glareshield with white glue.

Use one of those small Q-tip type of applicators and jam some white glue in there, followed by a wet full sized Q-tip to smooth things out before it dries. The finish is smooth, looks natural and dries clear where it may overlap your paint. You can then brush on some of that magic black paint you've used already and, voila, no gap!

Hey Chuck!

Awesome tip that I'll use on the next one-I'm not too worried about this one as the canopy will be closed-

Regards,

Pig

Hey Pete,

So THIS is the one you were telling me about on the phone. Very cool. When I read the title of the post Jeff Dunham immediately came to mind with Jose' Jalapeno On A Stick :lol:.

You'll have to bring this one home to Rochester so Tom can take some pictures with the burner lit. Very impressive.

Cheers

Mike

Hey Pete,

So THIS is the one you were telling me about on the phone. Very cool. When I read the title of the post Jeff Dunham immediately came to mind with Jose' Jalapeno On A Stick :woot.gif:.

You'll have to bring this one home to Rochester so Tom can take some pictures with the burner lit. .

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike!

Kristi thinks it would make a "really cute" night light for my youngest sons room.....

Photographing the lit burner has proved a challenge for me, so someone else who knows what they're doing would really help!

Regards,

Pig

OK, this one is almost done-

I started the weathering, although there are a few more decals that need to go on the belly-

I used a mix of raw umber and paynes grey oil paint for the white areas, paynes grey and black for the grey areas, and straight black for the black areas. I did pick out a few fasteners on the black area with a lighter grey wash. All hydraulic stains are straight raw umber, and grime blowback is a dirty black:

SDC10557.jpg

SDC10559.jpg

SDC10561.jpg

SDC10562.jpg

SDC10563.jpg

SDC10564.jpg

SDC10565.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Pig

Hey Gents,

Almost done-Got the canopy masks off and polished them up again-Canopy is dry-fit only at this point. Also got the flat coat on the top half of the jet:

Afterburner Decals includes a really nice canopy coefficients placard for the inside of the canopy

SDC10568.jpg

SDC10566.jpg

SDC10569.jpg

Here is the "show side" of the ACMI pod dry fit here too:

SDC10572.jpg

NVIS formation lights:

SDC10575.jpg

I used the "new" blend of Floquil/Polyscale acrylic flat coat-I love it! It lays down a beautiful satin-flat finish:

SDC10578.jpg

SDC10580.jpg

SDC10581.jpg

Pig