"June 4th, 1989. Tian An Men , Beijing"

the 20th anniversary of the Tian An Men incident in China, a significant watershed in the social-political history of modern China happens today.

As one of the most recognisable and famous photos of the late 20th century, i was inspired to build a model kit version of that famous photo taken by Mr Jeff Widener.

kits used are trumpeter t-54A, with a type 59-II providing the 105mm gun barrel for casting.

tianame5.jpg

tianame6.jpg

tianame2.jpg

tianame9.jpg

and ever wondered what it is like to stare down a colum of tanks? or looking down at a civilian blocking your path?

tianame7.jpg

tianame3.jpg

tianame8.jpg

tianame.jpg

more pics!

tianame10.jpg

tianame4.jpg

tianame11.jpg

P1150884.jpg

P1150885.jpg

P1150886.jpg

P1150891.jpg

P1150892.jpg

that's all. thank you for looking. any comments and critiques will be welcome. i really had fun with this build, i think one of the few crazy enough to build such a massive diorama (more than a meter long)

have a nice day!

kevin

Wow, 20 years ago already ... I remember that so distinctly ...

Your dio captures the moment of history nicely Kevin ...

Thanks for sharing it and the reminder of the event as well ...

Gregg

Now this would be interesting if you could upload to a Chinese modelling site. Apparently most of the Chinese youth know nothing of Tiananmen Square as the 'history books' have left it out!

Very nice diorama!

@Mr. Sworld I don't think it would last long on a Chinese site. Their internet overlords have been blocking everything related to Tiananmen square.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice modeling work to commemorate this historical event! I remember when this was still going on, an American friend of mine asked me what would be the outcome of this demonstration. I replied: You can't f... with the Communist, especially with Chinese commies! Sure enuff, the demonstration was bloodily crushed by the PLA soon after we talked about the event.