What happened to BlackBox

Hey guys,

I have a few BB cockpit detail sets waiting to be built but I noticed a distinct lack of any new ones. Did they go out of business? Did anyone else pick of the baton and run with it or are these things now collectors items.

What is the story?

Squadron/True Details bought many, if not all, of the Black Box molds. You can find some under the True Details label. The nice thing is that the prices aren't as high as before. But I can't compare the quality, as I only have a few of the sets, but not one of each brand.

Squadron/True Details bought many, if not all, of the Black Box molds. You can find some under the True Details label. The nice thing is that the prices aren't as high as before. But I can't compare the quality, as I only have a few of the sets, but not one of each brand.

Excellent. I'm glad all that work didn't go to waste and that the BB moulds lived on. Thanks for the reply and info.

Changed names three or four times (Combat Series, Avionix, etc) then eventually sold out to Squadron/MMD. I guess Jef is doing patternmaking for Squadron now, as he did a resin cockpit for the 1/32 P-80 for them. So new releases are still coming out under the Avionix/Combat Series name, with old sets being re-released under the True Details badge. It's all Squadron, though...