Well wasnt impressed with security and was the turnout ever small this year. At least IU got in and out before it got too cold. So for your viewing pleasure.

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

James

Great pictures and thanks for posting. I still don't fully understand what happened to the F-4 in the pics. Obviously some sort of incident / fire.

Where was the air show? MF-42 doesn't mean anything to me?

John

Ah, thanks James, that told the story well ...

Great pictures and thanks for posting. I still don't fully understand what happened to the F-4 in the pics. Obviously some sort of incident / fire.

Where was the air show? MF-42 doesn't mean anything to me?

John

MF42= Maple Flag 42

I believe at Cold Lake CFB, right folks ?

Gregg

What was with the scorched Phantom MLG door ?

38+10 was doing some AB runs up and down the runway after maintenance and the right main gear brake overheated and caught fire.

Thanks for posting the shots, James. Sorry to hear about your security woes - I had no problems at all.

Cheers,

Sean

Edited by Sean Bratton
Dang James,

I walked around both sides of the herc, shooting the refueling pods from every concievable angle, but I never thought of looking inside.

I must be getting old. Thanks for the look.

A couple of more for you Ian

DSC01220.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

James

Here is a link to the pictures I took of the F-4F fire at Maple Flag. It was a brake fire that erupted from over heating in the brake drum. He (38-10) was going up and down the runway lighting the afterburner then slowing down with the brakes then doing it again. This was after some mechanical work had been down on the engine. He was on his 3rd trip down the 13000'+ runway at Cold Lake when the fire started.

The reason they were at the Open House on Sat. was they were still working on the jet. They decided not to write it off because it is one. if not the highest, houred F-4F and they want it home in Germany.

Click on the link and scroll down a bit.

http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/index.php...c,17735.60.html

Dan