Astra Lakenheath Decals

I am in the market for another set of 1/32 scale Lakenheath decals from Astra, product # 3201b. I was looking going to purchase the item from Lucky Model and noticed that the sheet appears different as far as the number of decals and their placement than the decal that I had previously bought directly from DACO. It also lists the item as ASD3201. Someone on this forum had mentioned that the decals were difficult to work with and that the "b" version was much better. That is the version that I currently have. Is this true? I was thinking that maybe the pic on the Lucky Model site was the 1/48 scale sheet. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks!

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=DA%20ASD3201

Edited by Blain

The sheet you've linked to is the older hard to work with one, its not unusable, I've used it and used future to set the decals, not perfect but pretty good.

The "b" sheet is the one to lookout for, its updated and is much easier to use. In fact any Astra sheet which has either a "b" in the title or in the top right of the sheet is the one to go for. Hope that helps.

Jon

Thank you for the information on the decals. I ordered the "b" version a few months ago for a F-15C project and it took me a while to determine the best way to work with the decals. In the meantime I ruined a few. It's a shame because I am mainly purcahsing it for the Sq commander and crew names for the 493rd. I suppose I can use some of decals for an E project. Oh well... I might just order it directly from DACO.