? about "Rifler Files".......

I was just thumbing through the latest Micro-Mark Catalog and I came across some "Rifler Files" and they really look like they'd be great for getting in some hard to reach places and areas involving "awkward" angles. I'm seriously considering ordering them but would like to hear from anyone who actually owns and uses them - basicially I'd just like to hear whether or not you felt they are really worth having.

As always, thanks for all helpful responses.

Tim

I have a cheap and cheerful set of 12 from the bargain tool bin at my local hardware shop, maybe $6...

Absolutely invaluable for filing in the most inaccessible but visible places. Also good for applying putty in the same sort of places, just rinse in thinners.

Get some, your modelling will become easier.

G

I have the Micro Mark set. I use them ALL THE TIME!. Probably 75% of any filing I do is with the riffler files. They really come in handy for getting ejector pin bumps out of intakes and stuff like that. I give them five stars.

These are good tools to have on hand however they can also be very destructive if not used properly. Light touch is recommended. Most folks get in trouble with them working wing roots that they have applied CA as a filler. Since CA dries harder than the styrene, when they start shaping the CA they accidently gouge at the surrounding styrene making a mess of the project. Good tool...in the right hands for the right application.