Gunze acrylic, still the best?

I absolutely LOVE Gunze acrylics...although, as stated above, they are nearly impossible to find here in the States. You can still purchase overseas, however, or just use their Mr. Color lacquer based line. Still...I truly prefer their Mr. Hobby aqueous paints.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

I like Gunze aquieous is the best. Unfortunately it's hard to find in the US, because of environmental issue (water base paint?? :thumbsup: ). I still get my from Taiwan, but Gunze is discontinue the line 301-340. 301-340 line are only available on the Mr. Color line.

I have just had a real problem with the mr metal chrome silver when i used tamiya tape it has pulled all the paint away, has anyone had this problem.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but I know that several people have mentioned a problem with the adhesion for the Mr. Metal paints - I've actually put aside my Gunze Mr. Metal paints in favor of the Hawkeye Model's Talon Series of acrylic based NMF paints.

Gunze acrylics ARE the best. The downside, however, is that they are no longer readily available in the States as previously mentioned.

Greg

Hello Greg,

yes they are one of the best and espcially if you building Luftwaffe - Gunze has a fine collection of Luftwaffe colors. Yes they are a bit more expensive and sometimes rare to get, but on the other side you can thin it with isopropanol in a ratio 3: 1 and so they are economic, too.

Thomas

You must be a mind reader Thomas, as I always thin with isopropyl alcohol. :D Can't say that Gunze are really expensive either as I purchase enough from overseas to ship free. :cheers:

Greg

You must be a mind reader Thomas, as I always thin with isopropyl alcohol. :blink: Can't say that Gunze are really expensive either as I purchase enough from overseas to ship free. :o

Greg

Greg: From what overseas seller did you ordered GZ paints? I am having a hard time finding even in Japan....