Old School Tamiya T-62

Just going through my old-school models that have been relegated to basement storage and came across one of my favorites. It was the good ole Tamiya T-62 updated with some PE (ancient stuff, maybe On-the-Mark), a bunch of scratch built details including the headlight guard (what a pain in the a** to construct), an AEF T-62 upgrade kit (new turret, ammo boxes, gun tube) and some resin fuel cells / storage boxes (I think AEF, could be wrong). All markings are hand-painted. Say what you want about AEF but they did release some decent stuff, plus there wasn't much else to choose from back then.

I painted it to represent a pix I saw of a knocked-out Syrian T-62M that was photographed somewhere in the Golan Heights after the 1972 war. What do you guys think? Take it easy on me, this model is around 15 years old! There wasn't much for aftermarket goodies back then. The only thing I wish I had available back then was some decent tracks. I had to make do with the original kit tracks.

Regards,

John

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg