1/144 YS-11 Japan Air Commuter FINISHED

Two weeks to go and time for one more quick build. This is the 1/144 Hasegawa YS-11 in "Farewell YS-11" colors. Will be built straight from the box using a mix of the kit decals and the excellent Liveries Unlimited YS-11 details sheet.

It is an overall white aircraft including wings so painting is easy, everything else will be decals and I will display it as "flying" on a stand... so I should be able to finish it in time

IMG_0475.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dennis

Edited by LHRHKG

Build was straightforward enough... some putty needed for the engine/wing joints. Could have done a bit better on the left wing/engine joint

Painted with Tamiya pure white spray. Nose cone and engine exhausts etc... were brush painted.

Decals to go on shortly

IMG_0476.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dennis

Edited by LHRHKG

More progress

IMG_0495.jpg

Main decals are on... the Hasegawa kit decals are surprisingly nice to work with, unlike some of their older airliner sheets. In fact I used a little too much setting solution which melted some of the tail decal and had to touch up with some paint. Doors, windows, wing leading edges and other details will come from the Liveries Unlimited YS-11 details sheet.

Time to start on the props... there are four small decals to apply on each blade (32 in total!)

Thanks for looking!

Dennis