Spectre Resin First Releases

I know the GBU-10, but what are all the other bombs? What time frame are they from and what aircraft carried them? New resin this is sweet. Can't wait to see what you have for 1/48 planned.

I believe the GBU-10 is just there to give an idea as to the size of the pieces that Mark is producing. The other ones are identified as the Mk-17, Mk-39, and B28; they're nukes, and the picture also identifies which planes (B-36, B-47, B-52) carried which.

Regards,

Murph

Murph:

Thanks.

When I get home I'll go thru my references and give you the time spans that those nukes were carried. Offf the top of my head the MK-17/24 was carried only by the B-36 from 1954 or 55 to 1957 when the aircraft was withdrawn from service. The B-39 was carried by the B-47 until that aircraft was withdrawn from service as well. Additionally the B39 was carried by the B-52 until the weapon was withdrawn from service sometime in the 60's. The B28RI was carried by the B-52 until I beleive it was replaced by the B83. I'll get the dates and post them this evening.

Mark

Gents:

Here are the in service and retirement dates for the Nukes. This data is taken from Chuck Hansen's book published in 1987.

Weapon In Service Retirement

MK-17/24 March '55 August '57

B28RI 1960 1980

MK-39 1958 1966

The MK-17/24 was loaded on the B-36 only.

The B-47 carried two (2) B28RI's or one MK-39

B-52's could carry four (4) B28RI's and a MK-39 or two (2) MK-39's.

Other stores could be carried in lieu of the above weapons in the B-52. One of them being the Quail decoy.

The B28's will be accurate on BMF, SEA, and the original SIOP schemes for the B-52 as well as the BMF of the B-47.

These models will be sold one to the pack for the MK-17/24 and MK-39. The B28RI's will be sold two (2) to the pack.

I'll have the pricing late next week.

Mark