B-36 Ordance

Sweet! Are you gonna also offer a 1/72 resin figure of Slim Pickens waving a cowboy hat? :beer4:

(I know..that was a BUFF. I just had to ask!)

Seriously, though..I'd love to see a full bombay interior and turrets for the Monogram B-36 as well.

SN

Turrets, while nice, would be difficult (depending on the level of detail and materials used). Ammo boxes and turret bodies would be simple in resin, yes. However, things like turret mounts and sidewall structure (similar to that used in the bomb bay) might be better represented with something like PE. I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome a set- I'm just saying that, for me, it needs to be pretty detailed for me to buy it instead of just building it myself.

Then there's the issue of converting the Monogram RB-36 (which it is) to correct bomber status.... but enough negativity.

B-36 AFTERMARKET! :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

So, how would one go about mounting one of the MK.17s in the bomb bay of the B-36? I'm rescribing one and I'm wanting to leave the doors open but not with all of those photo flash bombs. Would I have to modify the bomb racks or are they fine like they are? Thanks.

RYAN.

Edited by caudleryan

Ryan:

The MK-17 is very large and had it's own unique suspension system. There is detail of the nuclear weapon suspension systems in the B-36 book titled: "The Aluminum Overcast." I doubt that the bomb racks in the kit would be installed if a B-36 was carrying a MK-17. Based on the literature the two options are to have only the MK-17 or it and the smaller MK-6.

Does anyone have the Academy B-50 kit? the MK-6 was carried by that aircraft and I would like to know if it was included in that kit?

Additionally the MK-17 was held in place by what I know as lifting slings or bands. There were no lugs on the weapon and the only way to hold it to the frame above was with bands that cradled it.

Mark

Spectre Resins.

Here is the UBS Rack installed in the Strategic Air and Space Museum's B-36J. There are no other bomb racks installed in this bay. The UBS was used for nukes and oversize conventional bombs. Its also illustrated in the Aluminum Overcast book and the Illustrated History of the Big Stick book. In my photo, I see the hoist chains and drive motors are missing, as well as the arming control.

DSC_0667.jpg

Rick L.