1/48 E-2C Hawkeye Coming From Kinetic Models

Source?

According to stevens website

KINETIC MODELS Last updated: 6/8/2009

KIN-32011/32 F86/F30 USAF Sabre JetAKIN-32031/32 F86/F40 Jet TBA

KIN-480021/48 F16AM Block 15 NATO Viper Fighting Falcon Aircraft A

KIN-480031/48 F16B Block 15 NATO Viper Two-Seater Fighting Falcon Aircraft TBA

KIN-480041/48 F16CG/CJ Block 40/42/50/52 USAF Viper Fighting Falcon Aircraft (4 in 1 Kit) TBA

KIN-480051/48 F16DG/DJ Block 40/50 USAF Viper Two-Seater Fighting Falcon Aircraft (2 in 1 Kit) A

KIN-480061/48 F16I Sufa (Storm) Israeli Air Force Two-Seater Aircraft A

KIN-480071/48 F16D Block 52 Republic of Singapore AF Advanced Viper Aircraft w/Dorsal Spine (New Variant) TBA

KIN-480081/48 F16F Block 60 Two-Seater Desert Falcon Aircraft (New Variant) TBA

KIN-480101/48 F16D Block 52+ Polish Air Force Advanced Viper AircraftAKIN-480111/48 F16A/B ROCAF Aircraft $TBA

KIN-480121/48 F16C Block 40 Barak Israeli Air Force Aircraft

KIN-48013 1/48 E2C Group II USN Aircraft $94.95

Edited by Super Bug Models

Even if the quality isn't 100%, it will should be affordable, and fill a cap in a lot of 1/48 USN CVW collections.

And just think of the aftermarket decal sheets, and resin wingfolds, and ......

Regards,

Gerard

Even if the quality isn't 100%, it will should be affordable, and fill a cap in a lot of 1/48 USN CVW collections.

And just think of the aftermarket decal sheets, and resin wingfolds, and ......

Regards,

Gerard

Well, Kinetic dropped the LE flaps on the F-16, so maybe they'll do a decent wingfold for us?

--sorry to be a cinic:

I'll definatly get one when I see it (Whoooo !), but first..................I need to see it !

-I remind you again of the elusive......1/48 Fencer ?

Edited by ixgr1
I predict a scale-up of the Fujimi 1/72 kit.

Ken

-ANYTHING would be quite fine ...............i've been praying since 1992 for this !!!!!

Of all the subjects they could choose, the E-2C is an interesting choice. I'm surprised they think there's a big enough market for it (at least compared to the market for the many other aircraft we'd like to see in 1/48th).

I was just informed by a LHS that the estimated retail price for this kit will be at around S$100 ~ US$70. At this rate, the kit had better come with positionable flaps, wingfolds, detailed interior and positionable hatches.

Mark

I was just informed by a LHS that the estimated retail price for this kit will be at around S$100 ~ US$70. At this rate, the kit had better come with positionable flaps, wingfolds, detailed interior and positionable hatches.

Mark

I agree..better not have a droopy nose too :P

Well, since the only other game in town for an E-2 Hawkeye in real scale was:

a. well over $200 and

b. oop

Seems to me that one cannot afford to be too critical, unless the kit that makes it to market totally bites. For me it will remain high on the "gotta have" list irregardless.

Rick

Well it´s a turboprop so in essence it´s a jet with a prop stuck to the front :lol:

Looking forward to a 1/48th scale Hawkeye...I´ve already been fooled to buy one in 1/72....

Nice as this is for you 1/48th guys - wouldn't the prop section be better suited for this news..?

Cheers,

Andre

That's a good question. But would guys who mostly have shelves full of Focke-Wulfes, P-51s, and A6Ms be interested in this? Perhpas the "Jets" and "Props" titles are a little bit obsolete. Maybe changing the forum titles to "Post WWII Military" and "WWII - Earlier" would make more sense and keep people with the same interests from having to search around too much.

Edited by Rank11

gee, let's see here. I haven't seen it. Don't know what will be in the box. And it's KINETIC? Yeah, they have a proven track record. I can't lose!

Someone's really ready to shout out right now that they'll take it?

Mike Todd

I'LL TAKE IT!

Knock Kinetic all you want. Their F-16's are good model kits. They took suggestions from modelers, they tweaked their molds, they fixed most mistakes They added 5 pounds of weapon sprues to each box. The kits cost less than either the Hasegawa or Tamiya kits (in the case of Tamiya, the Kinetic kit is HALF as much.) Have they had some subpar models in the past, sure. But so have ALL the other companies. If they put a Hasegawa label on the Vipers, the kits would easily be regarded at the top of the pile. But since they're not Tamigawa, folks are quick to malign them.

This will be the ONLY 1/48 Hawkeye available. O-N-L-Y. If you want one, you get Kinetic's. If they mold 3 engines on it, or leave off the rotodome, maybe I'll skip it. But as of today, it's high on my list.