Much Thanks Jim ! ! !

Hi CenTexModeler,

Sorry, but the cheapest way to bring the catapult set to the US or Canada is around 48,€ . The same sum like the german VAT -Tax.

To simplify the order I made a all included price without german VAT tax - incl shipping.

Of course it is very pricy and it hurts me too, the box is very big and heavy.

But I cant make it cheaper because the quantity of these sets will not be a hundret. Therefore no dealer will get a lot of such items in his stock.

You have in this forum a lot of modelers who makes very,very fine stuff and then they sell it. Because they like it. And the same - for me.

However, thanks for your interesting in this thread and I think anytime Sven will build it "under color".

A nice week for all of you

Mirko

Edited by mirko

However, thanks for your interesting in this thread and I think anytime Sven will build it "under color".

OOOOO I'm looking forward to that. Mirko, dont' get me wrong, I'm not complaing about the price, it's just alot of us I feel won't be able to afford it. That's just the way the ball bounces as we say over here.

Jim

The fact that it is all machined parts is impressive but wouldn't it be more affordable if it were cast resin with photo-etch?

Absolute NO, a deck with this dimension in resin is unaffordable and in the production process to insecure in the quality (distortion) and to weighty.

Even so if you scratch the deck, you have more cost as the PITZMODELS Deck (in this quality), with absolutly guaranty.

Hi folks, here is a really great deck for a very good price, and you are not to be contented, WHY???

Cheers Sven

Absolute NO, a deck with this dimension in resin is unaffordable and in the production process to insecure in the quality (distortion) and to weighty.

Even so if you scratch the deck, you have more cost as the PITZMODELS Deck (in this quality), with absolutly guaranty.

Hi folks, here is a really great deck for a very good price, and you are not to be contented, WHY???

Cheers Sven

Sven

The problem is the cost. While it might be a good deal it's still very pricy. It's like bying a BMW or other European car here in the US,it might be worth the price but that dosn't make it affordable to most.At over $400 US most modelers can't justify it. If they did have $400 to spend they could get a ton of others items such as kits/decals/aftermarket/refrance books. Also it's scale, 32nd while enjoying a resurgence in popularity it still very hard to find room to display. Most modelers will probably only have one or two 32nd scale kits of thier absolute favorite Aircraft and thats it.

Please don't get me wrong, I absolutly love the deck and if I could I would get the centered deck option. It's just not possible for me though. I had to sell a very rare SOL Flanker conversion set just to be able to afford the 2 pair of Flanker Exhausts that you produce for my two Flankers. And also the way the economy is right now it' just makes it even harder, I know here the dollar has suffered so thats hurts business too.I do feel you would have better sales with a smaller scale "IE" 48th. It would be cheaper, the scale is more popular to most modelers world wide, and it's more displayable in size. But thats just my opinion. Good luck with your endevor, I;m looking forward to more exhaust sets ;-)

Cheers

Jim

i need to find my face cause this thing just rocked it off! :cheers:

please release it in 1/48

When they are in 1/48, I hope to buy one flight deck and one Su-27 exhaust. :angry:

A 1/48 resin carrier deck should be released in the next months :(

A 1/48 resin carrier deck should be released in the next months :salute:

OO thats right, I forgot you were making masters. I saved some of those pic's for my own referance since I didn't know you were going to produce these.I remeber a bunch of people asking for them , me included ;-) .

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
OK. I have to have one. Where can I get one in the USA?

RG

you'll have to get in touch with Mirko through his website to order it. I was able to get a hold of him and was informed that the delay in getting back to me was due to personal reasons...but he's out there...making these wonderful sets.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys,

the PITZMODELS shop is modernised and in shortens is reopened.

Here is a small preview for you. All images are prototypes.

Have a little patience.

regards Sven

1/32 F-14D Tomcat Nozzles – for Trumpeter

F-14D_Nozzles_IN_PROGRESS_01.jpg

F-14D_Nozzles_IN_PROGRESS_02.jpg

F-14D_Nozzles_IN_PROGRESS_03.jpg

F-14D_Nozzles_IN_PROGRESS_05.jpg

F-14D_Nozzles_IN_PROGRESS_07.jpg

F-14D_Nozzles_IN_PROGRESS_08.jpg

1/32 A-6 Intruder Engine Set – for Trumpeter

A-6-Intruder-Engine-Set_IN_PROGRESS_01.jpg

A-6-Intruder-Engine-Set_IN_PROGRESS_02.jpg