F-4C/D/E/G USAF walkway decals

Hi Folks,

As our work on the F-4 Phantom decal series is progressing, we found out that Walkway markings for USAF and export F-4 are not always easy to obtain and these offered in different kit boxings are not always the ones we are searching for. In fact these seems to be more difficult to find than standard stencilling!

Therefore, a question to you is:

Do you would like to have a decal sheet covering, in 1/72 and 1/48 scales:

- "black outline" walkways for SEA, Europe 1, Asia Minor, some Hill 2 and many exported F/RF-4s

- "mid grey /gunship grey outline" walkways for Hill 1, Hill 2 and Ghost grey F/RF-4s

- "black grey walkways with mid grey /gunhsip grey outline" as used on many Hill 2 F-4s

The sheet could also include formation "slime lights"

Thank you in advance for your comments

Diego

HDL

Edited by Diego

Did you ever get round to issuing the complete stencil data for various schemes? As I had to buy 4 differnet decal sheets to supplement the unit sheet I got from you.

Walkways would be a big help as well.

I would kill for some walkway decals in 1/72. I have only found two of the old microscale sheets in the last three years under $20! I would say those decals are quite elusive, and I would wager would sell well in 1/72 and 1/48. Needless to say, but sign me up!

• 2 weeks later...

Were the walkways textured?

I could have sworn they had some grit to them

I was thinking of masking off the area, then applying paint and while wet, dusting it with talcum powder. Letting it dry, then painting it the proper the color.

I'd buy the 1/72 sheets.

Maybe you could add some USAF Air Refueling door outlines? This area usually gets wiped out when sanding the fuselage joins.

And if only it were possible to represent the intake splitter plate holes....

Gene K