Those are the two you want to visit! In fact, they're about it.

Anchorage House of Hobbies has a decent selection of plastic, paints, and glues, but is heavily geared towards R/C stuff. They also have a rapidly changing collection of odds and ends, and it's a very cluttered, interesting place to visit. Very friendly, and you have to poke around a bit to find anything, so it's a fun adventure to find something cool.

The hobby store in the Dimond center (can't think of their name) is very neat, well organized, and also well stocked. Excellent selection of all major paints (except Humbrol), glues, tools, and a HUGE selection of kits from all manufacturers. All scales and categories well represented. They also do R/C, trains, and Warhammer stuff, so you've got some extra materials in those genres.

I generally spend more at the Dimond center because it's faster to find stuff when I'm in a hurry. House of Hobbies is a lot of fun when I have time to leisurely dig through and adventure hunt, and I've bought something cool I found every time I've been in there.

No idea about Fairbanks, sorry.