Ok, here goes.

I started the build around the first of May. I am currently crewing C-17s out of Charleston AFB, SC. My intention is to make it tail number 97-0047.

I started with the flight deck first. Added armrest to the seats, repositioned the LACM & RACM seats. Threw in some huds, which you may not be able to see in the pics. Tossed in some bunks, and the bubble window.

c17set1-1.jpg

c17set1-2.jpg

On to the cargo compartment. I tried my best to keep the scratch building to a minimum, but failed. While everything is not installed like the real deal, I simply could not do it. The scale is just too small. Now if Revell ever kicks out this puppy in 1/72, we'll see then.

I do think the interior of the kit lacks detail, and I don't mean all the things I put in. If Revell could maybe just add a few things like, lights, life rafts, litters, bubble window, or a pallet or two. It would add a little flavor to it. On to the pics.

C17set2-1.jpg

C17set2-2.jpg

C17set2-3.jpg

Edited by CCAMXS

Cont'd...

Next is the interior painted. The colors are not the most accurate. I used MM chrome for the insulation, so it would show a little better. No washes were used. I'm saving what I have left for my KC-135R build

c17set3-1.jpg

c17set3-2.jpg

c17set3-3.jpg

Edited by CCAMXS

Moving on....

I sanded the cargo floor, so the decal would lay smoothly. Wrapped Tamiya tape around the duct piping, then painted. I scratch built the seats along the cargo walls. I decided not to paint seatbelts, because they are black on the jet, and you wouldn't see them on the model. Also, I cut out the hallway between the lav. and the stairwell, which Revell failed to do.

c17set3-4.jpg

c17set3-5.jpg

c17set3-6.jpg

c17set3-7.jpg

Anyway, that's it for now, I'll post in the next day. Finishing the engines & gear up now. I'm trying to beat the July 1 build deadline. :thumbsup:

Edited by CCAMXS

next up, I cut the gear doors:

100_1088.jpg

Then I added the rudder seals. The other seals will show later when the rudders are installed.

100_1084.jpg

Finally the engine inlets are painted. As you know, not all inlets have the orange sealant in them. I just wanted to add a little color to mine.

100_1089.jpg

100_1091.jpg

Back tommorrow with another update. :rofl: