A-36 Apache dive bomber (and now P-51C)

Very nice! I'm building the AM P-51A right now, and if I can get mine to look half as good as yours I'll be happy!

:whistle:

Mike

Yeah i have that kit too!

They can be a real pain to put together especially the rear canopy section the half round window.... whoa.

They're a lot of effort for such a small thing but look good in the end.

Benny

Yeah i have that kit too!

They can be a real pain to put together especially the rear canopy section the half round window.... whoa.

They're a lot of effort for such a small thing but look good in the end.

Benny

Indeed, that's a tricky part. I've built the F-6 recon version, and had trouble lining up the aft part of the cockpit as well.

AM kits always seem to have a "fussy" part.

;)

Mike

Indeed, that's a tricky part. I've built the F-6 recon version, and had trouble lining up the aft part of the cockpit as well.

AM kits always seem to have a "fussy" part.

:)

Mike

Yes i Do remember there was something awkward about how the nose attactched to the fuselage was well as something strange about how the cockpit fit into the fuselage with the instrument panel. i did put the A-36 together a LONG time ago. I did stop building after encountering too much strangeness haha. AT least it got done.

Benny

actually guys, i was just looking through the stash and found the 1/48 ICM P-51D and the P-51A, which seem to be half and half accurate miiatures and half tamiya, anybody can confirm this???

do they still go together?

Benny

actually guys, i was just looking through the stash and found the 1/48 ICM P-51D and the P-51A, which seem to be half and half accurate miiatures and half tamiya, anybody can confirm this???

do they still go together?

Benny

From what I've read the ICM Mustangs are copies of the Tamiya kits, but having never built a Tamiya Mustang I can neither confirm or deny this. I just picked up the ICM P-51A and it looks like a real nice kit, I was very suprised at the level of detail and quality of the moldings.

I am converting an Accurate Minatures P-51A into a RAF Mustang I with help from Ultracast. The eight gun (4 x .303 and 4 x .50) version was the first to fight and to get a FW-190 during the Dieppe Raid in 1942. Ironically, the pilot was an American flying with the RCAF. Go figure..........

Edited by afyeats