1/48 Kinetic F-16D Block 52+

• 2 weeks later...

HI

Started mine yesterday and this helps with the motivation.

Doing some paint research, it appears as if the twins wear three camo schemes or am I mistaken?

The US based scheme appears to be a standard three tone, the block 52s appear to have a three tone scheme with the side of the spine medium grey and finally, the Block 52+ appears to be wearing a four colour grey scheme.

Do you have any info on this?

Appreciate any insight.

Cheers

T

Hi T. As far as I know, all RSAF Vipers still wear the old 3-tone scheme of FS36375 on the undersides, FS36270 on the upper nose section and vertical surfaces and FS36118 on the upper surfaces. For the D and D+, this would mean that the sides of their spines and CFTs would be FS36270.

Hope this helps and I'm looking forward to your build!

Mark

Hi T. As far as I know, all RSAF Vipers still wear the old 3-tone scheme of FS36375 on the undersides, FS36270 on the upper nose section and vertical surfaces and FS36118 on the upper surfaces. For the D and D+, this would mean that the sides of their spines and CFTs would be FS36270.

Hope this helps and I'm looking forward to your build!

Mark

HI

Sorry for hijacking your build thread ..

This is why I am confused (I attribute it to old age):

US based scheme:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore--...7b866b48cac19fe (stnd US F-16 scheme)

Block 52+:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore--...7b866b48cac19fe (note distinctive lighter shade behind 118 grey)

Block 52:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore--...7b866b48cac19fe (stnd US scheme with med grey on vertcials, notably the spine)

For the Singapore based aircraft there does seem to be different scheme applied to the block 52 and the 52+ ......

Anyway, now back to your regularily scheduled viewing pleasure.

Tom

I know the Kinetic Vipers have been getting some bad press lately, but Mark...I don't see anything wrong with that build, it's excellent!!!, and to get an endorsement like that, man you are on the road to the modeling hall of fame.....uhhh..just don't forget us when you get there :D . Keep up the magnificent builds, you are inspirational to all who view them.

Edited by Angels49
  • 2 years later...

awesome job on this f16!It doesn't seem any of the decals are written in polish though. Is it like that on the real jet? I'm just curious.

Thanks for the compliment.

This is a Republic of Singapore Air Force bird. Stencils are in English.

Mark