I been away from the hobby about 2 years, long story, life circumstances and a divorce....

Now that's over with i'm finally back, have my own rented house again, a model room of my own :monkeydance:, stash and paints and other goodies unpacked, nice wooden model desk and a portable spray booth built by a friend from a plastic storage box, fan, and elephant trunking. So i'm all ready to go!

Need some updating tho ;)

Tried various sources, internet, fellow modellers, even Hobby Boss's website which seems hopelessly outdated, Hannants site helped but i know i'll get all the right answers from you folks :)

What's Revell, Italeri, Hase, Academy, Tamiya been doing?

In particular anything new on the following ( 48TH REMEMBER), if so expected release dates?

Any NEW Gripen, Thud, Raptor, BAC Lightning, Mig-21, F-5E Tiger, Hunter toolings???

When's the Trump J-10 due out?

Any 48th Russian cold war stuff released? ( I can dream right? )

One at a time now lads! :whistle:

Edited by model_madness

All right, where to start? ;)

Revell did a very nice Eurofighter Typhoon single-seater. Italeri did a new-tool Hawk. Hasegawa came out with a J-35 Draken. Tamiya released a series of F-16s.

Hobby Boss has a new F-105 D and G, Academy did a new-tool F-22 Raptor and is supposed to come out with a new-tool F-5E. Kinetic will do an F-5F, IIRC. No new Gripen, Lightning or MiG-21.

Trumpeter J-10: Anytime form now. (As it is always with them! :whistle:)

Regarding Cold War stuff, Hobby Boss released a series of MiG-17s.

Lastly:

Good to have you back, man! :monkeydance:

Welcome Home, MM!! in 1/48.........

F-14 - nothing new

F-15 - same

F-16 - some very nice Tamiya, Hasegawa, and some Kinetic that are more like weapons sets with an added plane

F-18 - some very nice Hasegawa, and Revell

F-22 - Academy have just brought out a nice new one. Not delivered to the UK, yet.....

( but it's on Hannant's Future Releases )

Typhoon - Revell nice single seater, with a LOT of weapons

Regards,

Gerard

Thanks guys, nice to be back to a few smiley faces at least! :)

Nice to see u still around, Chern + G :monkeydance:

Ed is that you lol

I knew about the Revell Typhoon, got it.

How's the HB F-105's quality/detail? Didnt Revell rerelease the old Monogram 1?

Pity no Russian 1/48 stuff, damn that is an area sorely lacking!! :whistle:

Looking forward to the new F-22 tooling ;) hope its spanking!

Wasn't the TSR.2 just a rerelease?

The Cranberry is growing on me...yes.

Edited by model_madness
Welcome Home, MM!! in 1/48.........

F-14 - nothing new

F-15 - same

F-16 - some very nice Tamiya, Hasegawa, and some Kinetic that are more like weapons sets with an added plane

F-18 - some very nice Hasegawa, and Revell

F-22 - Academy have just brought out a nice new one. Not delivered to the UK, yet.....

( but it's on Hannant's Future Releases )

Typhoon - Revell nice single seater, with a LOT of weapons

Regards,

Gerard

Well.. the Revell F-14B is ugly.. but worth mentioning!

Edited by Lock n' Load

I knew I did sumthin right....I've awakened a sleeping Giant and filled him with a modeling resolve!!!!..Good to have ya back in the game Kev....not get to that bench and start schlopping glue :coolio: :wacko: ;)

Thanks Greg!

I knew I did sumthin right....I've awakened a sleeping Giant and filled him with a modeling resolve!!!!..Good to have ya back in the game Kev....not get to that bench and start schlopping glue :coolio: ;) :D

Aye Aye, cap'n :wacko: :D

Thanks guys, nice to be back to a few smiley faces at least! :D

Nice to see u still around, Chern + G <_<

Ed is that you lol

I knew about the Revell Typhoon, got it.

Pity no Russian 1/48 stuff, damn that is an area sorely lacking!! :D

Looking forward to the new F-22 tooling :D hope its spanking!

The Cranberry is growing on me...yes.

Yep it's me...........

Thanks guys, nice to be back to a few smiley faces at least! <_<

Alright Bokkie, welcome back! You boys were lucky on Saturday!

The Monogram F-105 is still the nuts. The TSR.2 is a lovely kit, get one!

Nice to see you back!

Al

Also announced but not yet out....

From Hobbyboss

A-7 series including the two seaters. So look forward to lots o' griping about inlet shapes and canopies. They appear to be scaled up from the 72nds they did. First one due (A-7A Costellation air wing Vietnam) next month in Asia

Tomcats - a 48th version of the Trumpeter 32nd due this year or next. No ETA or price. Look forward to a melt down of the server with this one, even with lots of the Teen Fighter Mafia in thier own club house now.

Tornadoes - so far just a IDS and ADV catalog place holder

F-111s - again just a place holder showing a pre-Vietnam F-111A

Yak Forger - yep you read that right

F3H Demon - probably a full injection version of the Eagle Strike kit, like the Fury from last year

Me-262s a series scaled down from the Trumpy 32nd and doing the versions Tamiya hasn't (we think - prototype and two-seater as well as the 50mm gun nosed one)

Trumpeter

J-10 both single and two seater. The single seater should be out before the end of the year

JF-17 Thunder with Bronco Models also doing one soon.

F-100 series. C/D/F the sprues have popped up on IPMS Phillipines and the griping has begun <_<

Nothing on the Su-24 or any Mig-21 or 23 series from our Benevolent Chinese Hobby Overlords as of yet.

Academy

A couple more retool/reissue F-15s, a D and an E to go with the F-15K that is out now.

F-5E/F yes they are...no they are not....yes they are....I have a source in North Korea....I can top that with Kim Il Jong himself. In other words nobody really knows what is going on with it, it may be cancelled or maybe not. AFV also showed one that was thought to be the Acad kit reboxed.

Kinetic....wow you missed the Viper Wars last year. The kit is a close cousin of the Tamiya one and is out in most of the foreign flavors like a Sufa and a European MLU. Drove Hasegawa to finally tool some new sprues to update thier kit, no more resin add-ons. The fight is over the nose - it is either an abomination to nature or something you can live with. Led to a civil war around here with a succession of the Teen Fighter Mafia to thier own clubhouse. Now they are showing a F-5E/F themselves and now a E-2 as thier next new tools.

Eduard...well we will probably hear more at the Nats here in Columbus in another month or so. They either have or they have not announced/cancelled a F-4 series and a Mig-21 series. Nothing reliable except that there is a new 110 version (the G's) and another 190 group (the Doras) later this year to go with the Hellcat that is now out in Weekender versions

Revell Germany...nothing much new in quarter scale. Lots of reissues to go with new 32nds and 72nds. Thier last 48th was a Mosquito B IV the first of a series but with a few 'flaws' that you can read lots about around here. No sign of the two-seat Typhoon yet. And the only rumours/wish lists that have popped up are for a new Hunter or Tornado but NOTHING concrete or even cottoncandy like in the rumoursphere as of now.

Revell/USA - nothing new but repops of the F-84G and EA-6A on the horizon.

Airfix - a Sea Venom supposed to be next year as the follow on to the Canberras this year

And that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Matt

Rumourmongering for fun and no profit for nearly a twentieth of a century

<...>

<...>

The Hobby Boss Thuds, as the Trumpeter 1/72 Thuds, share the problems of the big 1/32 Trumpeter bird in the somewhat misshapen cockpit area and what's there of a spine. And the rivets. :doh: Other than that they're supposedly very nice.

Revell did re-release the Monogram F-105G - with a marvellous decal sheet. The decal sheet is well worth the price of the kit alone. Even if you want to build a Hobby Boss -105G, get the Revell kit for the decals. And they're very cheap to be had, as Revell already took them out of their catalogue. I got a couple for 50% off at around 8.50 EUR. From what I hear they go for around that amount in the UK as well.

Pity no Russian 1/48 stuff, damn that is an area sorely lacking!! :cheers:

The HB F-105 seems to suffer from the same problem as the Monogram Thuds - the nose is too pointy.

As for 1/48 Russian stuff, HB have released several varieties of MiG-17, which I think have been quite well received. Plus, in UK terms, they're excellent value for money (about £15).

You've also missed a massive increase in UK prices. I've stopped buying until the madness subsides...

HTH

Jon