Sierra Hotel photos'; seeing those pix of the "Buff" and "Spirit", plus the others. It makes me feel glad I'm on the side they're protecting :coolio: . My Bro in law saw the B-2 at the Rose Parade and he said it in one word...."AWESOME!!!!". Thanx for sharing the magnificent photos you took. Every last one is superb.

Edited by Angels49

Thanks for the comments guys! Yeah, Kelly, I also had surgery earlier that week, nothing major, just hand surgery. I am somewhat pleased with the photos, it was hard to zoom in and out with stitches and my hand wrapped, but the pain was worth it! For those of you who have never been, it is quite amazing to get to see the Spirit up close, and it's cool they bring out a lot of the weapons they carry-they definatly take pride in what they do. Just make sure to get there early-traffic sucks, and they are extremely thorough searching you, so be prepared to wait. They also had planned on having an actual B-1B demo, as opposed to having just a fly-by. The B-1B was there (it's the one in my first photo, next to all the B-2's, but after the two hour delay with the Wildcat's landing gear, I guess when they fired it up, one of the engine's had a malfunction. That would have been great to see that!

David

Anyone know what is the big white bomb in this pic? Doesn't look like the MOAB, but it looks just as big and has the same styled lattice tails.

I believe it is a mockup of a large penetrator type conventional bomb that the AF just approved for production. Can't remember the designation but it will be the largest conventional bomb in the world.

Cool airshow... I think that all the aircraft at Whiteman that day would have made that one base the 3rd or 4th most powerful airforce in the world!

Thanks for posting those pics.

John

I believe it is a mockup of a large penetrator type conventional bomb that the AF just approved for production. Can't remember the designation but it will be the largest conventional bomb in the world.

Thanks John for the information. Very interesting. At first glance with it's shape, I thought it was an oversize Harpoon missile. :D

Thanks John for the information. Very interesting. At first glance with it's shape, I thought it was an oversize Harpoon missile. :D

Coming soon to an underground nuclear production facility near you!!