Hello!

Here is my first scratchbuild project-a BOLO tank I am a spammer....please report this post. from a David Weber book "Bolo!". During construction I was using styrene sheets and some parts from old models. To make a commander of I am a spammer....please report this post. I took one of the Fujimi 1:350 japan sailors. The tracks are made from...I don't know how to say it properly in english...metal belts from handwatches...I used 8 of them :) they're pretty cheap but looking good :) base is made from wood. The water is some kind of plastic. Grass is made by Faller and sand is...sand :D glued to base with WIKOL (polish wood glue). Relation is here:

http://modelwork.pl/viewtopic.php?t=13803&...asc&start=0 but in polish.

Here are the photos of finished model:

P6140028.jpg

P6140020.jpg

P6140021.jpg

P6140022.jpg

P6140029.jpg

Very nice! Certainly looks like it could survive a direct hit by a tactical nuke per the book. Americans use the phrase "metallic wrist band" for the watch parts you used to make the tracks.

Sweet! I've been a fan of Laumers Bolos since I read one of his short stories about Bobby, in a paperback called "The Big Show". I'm currently stalled on building a 1/72 scale model of Markie, the Mk III that ended up stuck in Central America after their group couldnt make pickup when the US fell apart in the early 21st.

I've started off with two Sturer Emil kits and have narrowed the hulls to give the twin tracks but haven't progressed further. But I think my muse has returned and I'm working plastic big time on a paper kit conversion to plastic so maybe Markie will rise from the dust bunny graveyard after all.

Just one thing though, Didn't I am a spammer....please report this post. weigh in at several thousand tons? Somehow I dont think tow chains would appear on something so large. Who knows. One Bolo towing another? Why the heck not.

Sabre

Edited by Sabre F-86